New Users, introduce yourselves here!

SethB6025

Hello MEPD,

I'm Ryan and I'm an official member of the Madalorian Mercs (#711). I've been looking to get into the 501st for months now and couldn't decide what costume to do. I ended up bumping into a sandy at a con this past weekend from the Parjai squad and decided that it was for me. He has an old TK I plan on getting from him and swapping out the hard parts, weathering, and modding it into a TD. While I'm not new to SW costuming, the 501st and MEPD is a whole other level, and I'm taking baby steps so please bear with me. I hope to join your ranks in the coming months!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone!

So I've joined FISD and the Ohio 501st forums with this handle - my name is Josh and I'm in Ohio currently. Met some 501st members at DragonCon in Atlanta this past weekend and had a great time. I've always wanted to do a really detailed costume of something and this seemed like a good way to have fun as well as give back to the community in a small way.

I was originally wanting to do a TKC but found the price for armor to be prohibitive - my backup choice was a Sandy and I placed an order with ATA for a helmet and TD armor this evening. Should get the helmet soon, but the armor will be an (agonizing) 8-month wait...I figure that gives me a chance to build a blaster and a backpack over winter though :thumbsup:

Anyways I've already bookmarked a lot of info on this site - thanks to Panda for his detailed builds - I'll be copying a lot of that. I want a challenge and I'll be trying to build a Captain-level something (not sure yet) as my first kit and to apply for entry into the 501st.

There aren't many sandtroopers in Ohio (that I found on the 501st site) so I'm hoping to increase representation a little bit.

Once I start getting things in the mail I'll be sure to post pics - if anyone else on the forums is in Ohio, feel free to connect!

Cheers!

Hello everyone, my name is Danny and I've been checking this forum out on and off for the past year. I learned about the 501st last year and got on the F.I.S.D. forum and learned all I could about shiny white plastic. I liked the fact that you had to build your own costumes. I picked up a TK Kit and got to work and finished it a few months ago. I really enjoyed the experience. I finally received my ATA kit after eight looong months and am looking forward to getting that one built. First though, I'm turning my first kit into a sandy. I just removed the TK pieces this weekend and prepping the TD pieces for installation. Then some weathering...I'm really looking forward to that.

Hey guys, my name is Jim and I've been in the 501st almost 3 years. I'm the Makaze squad leader in the FL Garrison. I have a TK, TB, and ROTJ Vader. I'm currently waiting on a Snowtrooper Commander kit, but also want to work on a Tusken besides a TD. Going to order another AM kit soon. Then will see about getting a weathered E-11, T-21 and backpack.