New Users, introduce yourselves here!

SethB6025

IG stands for Imperial Gunner! first time i read this id i thought the exactly the same! i couldn´t imagine how someone could fit in such a small but tall costume...

allow myself to introduce myself .i'm cory from dallas (star garrison ) tx.i just finished my tk armor and made a big gun . today i found the tupperware disc for my soon to be made back pack .and hopfully i will be dirty soon.

Hello everyone,

I guess I did some things backwards. I just found this after posting in other threads and PMd many of you. Thanks for all your valuable tips and help. I am John Tharp, have been in the USAF for 21 years and am soon retiring to Texas. Most of my family lives near Houston so Star Garrison here I come. I have a finished EP3clone, thus the TC-4995. I really wanted to make a TD since I was a kid and got a little side tracked with the clone. I have started my pack and have a BFG, still trying to find the right suit for armor. Thanks for already making me feel welcomed. I can't wait to get everything together so I can fully join your ranks.

John

Welcome John,you should go for TE armor,its expensive but worth every penny! in my oppinion its the holy grail of armor.I still have to build mine yet,i have the helmet done and thats about it.I would love to see pics of your clone armor,someday i would like to get a set of clone armor i just havent seen many suits that look rite.the stomach and groin is always way to big.TD-1536 is working on a clone suit which looks rite to me,everything looks to be the rite size and perportionate.Good luck on your TD.Weibes

Welcome John,you should go for TE armor,its expensive but worth every penny! in my oppinion its the holy grail of armor.I still have to build mine yet,i have the helmet done and thats about it.I would love to see pics of your clone armor,someday i would like to get a set of clone armor i just havent seen many suits that look rite.the stomach and groin is always way to big.TD-1536 is working on a clone suit which looks rite to me,everything looks to be the rite size and perportionate.Good luck on your TD.Weibes

Weibes,

Thanks. I think I will go that route. I was going to get a set off the legion board but was afraid of shimming and making it look bad. I will either try to TE or wait for TE2. I think I am on the list but am not very patient, especially since I have the $$ right now. Guess I will just see how it pans out. BTW where di you get your TE. Thanks again.

John

If you can't wait i would highly recommend AP armor which is currently available. Let me know if you need any contact info for him or pictures.

Is AP the same size as TE or a little larger. I looked at getting AP last year before I got side tracked with the EP3 Clone. I will let you know if I go AP.

John

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everybody, just wanted to introduce myself. I have been lurking around here for a while but decided to join because I am becoming more and more interesred in getting dirty lately. I've been colecting props for about 10 years or so, I have a cmplete Vader, 90% Boba Fett, 50% Commander Cody, 50% TK, and had my storage unit broken into and thay stole my TE armor, so I will be looking for armor soon, Hopefully.

Later

• 2 weeks later...

I've been registered here for awhile but haven't posted very often. This place is a great source of information. I've learned a ton and have picked up some cool pieces. When I'm not geeking out on Star Wars troopers I work in biotech and play in an indie rock band called...funny enough...butcherbird.

I've currently got a set of Gino sandtrooper armor and a set of TE glossy stormtrooper armor. Still working on putting together an accurate sandy backpack and really, really, REALLY hoping to one day score a Hyperfirm MG-34.

Here's an older photo of my trooper lids. They're all ANH stunts but from different makers. The Gino sandy (top left) hasn't been dirtied up yet.

Posted Image

-Todd

I must have missed this thread here....

I've been on the board for a few weeks now I guess. I'm not yet 501st, I don't yet have an assembled suit of TK armor, much less TD, but I'll get there one day!

I'm based here in Florida, and while I had first heard of the 501st years ago, I had no idea that there were any active 501st members near me. I know better now! and I've been trying to get up to speed for the last few months.

I'm one of those newbies that is going to ask a lot of dumb questions, but I do actually make an effort to look for the answer first....

Happy trooping!

-Phil