New Users, introduce yourselves here!

SethB6025

Hi.

I'm Joe White. TK/TI/RC-0380 from the New England Garrison. Been in the legion since 2003.

I'm looking to go dirty for two reasons.

First, My TK is pushing the 10 year mark and the plastic is getting all kinds of yellow and showing its age. (aged is good right?) So for practical reasons I want to extend the life of the kit and help it "evolve" into a TD.

Second, Sandtroopers are cool. My original plan back in the day was to go Desert but stopped because the demmand for clean white troops was high and we didn't have the numbers like we do now. Now you can't shake a stick without hitting one of those clean white Death Star nancy boys and I want to be different!

Anyway, Thats my introduction. I'm looking foward to researching the TD in all its minute detail and I hope you guys can help me out. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi my name is Shane and I am from Australia. I have a TX shadow trooper, TX shadow scout, Ep 3 Commander Cody and a AM TK which was my first suit I built nearly 3 years ago. The AM is due for a upgrade later on so I have decided to turn the TK into a TD.

Most of the weathering is done except for the helmet which is the next thing to do on the list. I have most of the parts for a pack and have a squad leader who is about to help me put that all together. I have been trolling these forums for some time now and am amazed by some of the work that goes into making a TD. Its a credit to everyone who has posted a pic or something related as it helps the newbie's like myself in becoming a TD.

Hi Jamie,

Welcome to the MEPD mate. Feel free to give us a shout if you need a hand with anything ;)

I've just put in my order for a new TM Bucket (Yaaaaay) was wondering where abouts do I locate my WIP?

Are there any good helmet builds (including weathering) about?

I'm liking the 'Fuller's Earth' technique as opposed to paint, I like the Idea of it being a more natural effect, what do you guys think?

Firstly, congrats on the TM choice ;)

Check the Imperial issued Armor threads for WIP and be sure to use the search engine located at the top of the home page.

With regards to the Fullers earth weathering, if that's what you fancy then go for it! In fact, I've just ordered some Fullers earth from Trooperbay ready to use on my new back pack. Ill keep the forum informed when I get round to doing it.

I take it that you've seen Trooperbays vid on Fullers earth weathering?

I have indeed, I just like that it is a natural build up of layers as would really happen in this situation, unlike the unnatural paint effect.

This is my second TM, the first is a good ol' TK

Hey Jamie, welcome to the MEPD!!

Going with the Fullers Earth is a great option, and if done correctly it will look awesome. Just wanted to say something in favor of the paint. my first weathering work was paint and I hated it. Then used fullers earth and loved it. Then used both techniques and was quiet happy. Finally, my last weathering job is just paint, worked in a multilayer single color technique, and I LOVE it. It looks closer to ANH armor, and it gives an effect of being natural also...

So, what I want to say is, it is not the technique but how you do it and your personal preference. Chose the one you like better and do it right! It is your armor and the most important thing is that you like it!

:)

Saludos

Juan

Welcome, One and All to the hottest, driest and MOST FUN outpost here in the Outer Rim Territories! We here are glad that you have chosen this detachment to start (or continue) your Legion career. Enjoy your stay and don't give to Jawas! :td::thumbsup:

hey jamie,

2 good choices,TM armour and fullers earth weathering!

as juan said its the technique you use,not just the materials.

mike at trooperbays tutorial is great,but i would say try it out on the back of your armour first until your

happy that youve got the technique down.

that fact your saying your using fullers earth to get the more natural effect is spot on,thats exactly why i use it!

not saying you cant get the same effect with paints,its just my personal preference!!

good luck bro! :thumbsup:

Hey there, Jokke from Nordic Garrison.

mainly here because i love to research and when i go down the TK road, it will be the boys in dust.. i mean who doesnt love big guns and dirty armor? =)

I have some other costumes rated slightly above TD (sorry!) but it never hurts to be prepared, amirite? ;)

Jokke

TI-8746

Nordic Garrison

Hey there, Jokke from Nordic Garrison.

mainly here because i love to research and when i go down the TK road, it will be the boys in dust.. i mean who doesnt love big guns and dirty armor? =)

I have some other costumes rated slightly above TD (sorry!) but it never hurts to be prepared, amirite? ;)

Jokke

TI-8746

Nordic Garrison

Welcome along Jokke, remember, keep it dirty ;)

I am brand new to this forum. I am TK-88980 and I want to convert my newly finished TK to TD and do not know how to start. I have a new set of TM armor on the way and want to start the conversion on my current completed AP TK. I can use all the help I can get so PLEASE point me in the right direction on the conversion. Thank you.

Tim

Hi guys :) same as tim. New and wanting to convert a tk to a td. I've found I need a new ab plate and knee diamond . Any help would be great.

I have a approved rotj boba fett so love the dirt :)

Thanks and good to be here

David loyd

Rancor raiders

BH-5419

welcome tim and dave,

have a look through the sandtrooper crl and also M.E.P.D. recruitment threads to get a good look at other peoples builds,

this will show you all the differences between TK and TD.

everything and more is here that you will need,anything else you need just ask! :thumbsup: