New Users, introduce yourselves here!

SethB6025

So I have a set of AM armor and an MTK "Move Along" bucket on the way. I can't wait until they get her so I can rip open that big brown box and get to work. It's gonna be a lot of work, because I'll be putting together a TK set as well. I know everything will move along (see what I did there?) nicely because of all the great info here and on the FISD forums. I'm down here in South Carolina, so I'm looking forward to joining the Carolina Garrison!

I'm in NC and I just registered on the Carolina garrison's forums too. Not a lot of TD info over there unfortunately, but a lot of knowledgeable people who can help with the build.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all my name is Ivan and I live in Phoenix arizona. I'm very interested in building sandtrooper armor and have read a lot about the various kits available but i'm still a bit in the dark. I'm 5'10" and 220 lbs and i have a 46 inch chest and a big head. Because of these facts lol i am afraid of getting a kit that won't fit. Does anyone have any suggestions about a specific kit i should be looking for to fit my frame? I want a set of armor that is as accurate as possible and dont' worry i know that building one will be a many month long process and i understand the work involved. Thank you guys in advance for any info.

Ivan! Welcome to the squad man. You definitely came to the right place. If I'm not mistaken the ATA armor should fit your frame pretty well with some modifications or you can go with an FX kit without the helmet. Check out Blueys website....its got some good info on it. I'd post the link but I'm on my iPhone lol

Hello!

Not exactly new, but newly returned!

I'm Brian, from the New England Garrison.

My sandtrooper has been retired since 2008, but I'm starting to get the bug again. When I built the last one I was firmly in the camp of buying kits for everything. I've since migrated to making most things myself, so instead of groaning at how much the pack will cost I'm now grinning at how much fun it will be to make :)

I'm debating whether I want to keep my TK shiny white and get another kit for a sandy or if I want to convert. I've got a bunch of clone projects to wrap up so I probably wouldn't start the sandtrooper for at least a couple of months, but that gives me plenty of time to read.

Brian

Hello!

Not exactly new, but newly returned!

I'm Brian, from the New England Garrison.

My sandtrooper has been retired since 2008, but I'm starting to get the bug again. When I built the last one I was firmly in the camp of buying kits for everything. I've since migrated to making most things myself, so instead of groaning at how much the pack will cost I'm now grinning at how much fun it will be to make :)

I'm debating whether I want to keep my TK shiny white and get another kit for a sandy or if I want to convert. I've got a bunch of clone projects to wrap up so I probably wouldn't start the sandtrooper for at least a couple of months, but that gives me plenty of time to read.

Brian

that would be awesome if you went Sandy man....we could gather all the TD's and play some LAZER TAG!!! North East style :)

Hey everyone,

Sarge123 here.. Just joined excited about getting my Td upto par to start trooping.. Gathering all the parts and waiting to figure out the best way to mount the straps to put it all together. one question I have is this.. Is weathering the armor required to join the 501st?

Hi everyone,

I've been lurking around the boards and finally have the nerve to introduce myself. :rolleyes: I'm a new TK in the Star Garrison but have recently acquired a TD that I will be working on with my husband to get him into the legion. Only five troops under my belt, but I'm hooked and glad to be a part of the 501st family. Thanks for all of the useful information and tutorials guys!

Kim (Vadergirl41)

TK 4736

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all!

I just introduced myself at the FISD the other day, too...I haven't yet decided whether to do clean TK or sandtrooper, so I figured I'd research both.

I'm an x-wing pilot with the Rebel Legion and just got my Aurra Sing approved, and I do a Twi'lek sometimes, so now I'm saving up for the next project. It'll be a while before I have the funds to complete anything, but I'll be lurking around reading everything.

If you go for TD, dirtiness is the only way to go.

If you go for Heavy Weapons Trooper of the Expanded Universe no need to weather.

But believe me Sarge 123, once you go TD you never want to go backPosted Image

Hey everyone

Sarge123 here.. Just joined excited about getting my Td upto par to start trooping.. Gathering all the parts and waiting to figure out the best way to mount the straps to put it all together. one question I have is this.. Is weathering the armor required to join the 501st?

Welcome Rachel, there's nothing like the dirty path, so go TD all the way!Posted Image

Hey all!

I just introduced myself at the FISD the other day, too...I haven't yet decided whether to do clean TK or sandtrooper, so I figured I'd research both.

I'm an x-wing pilot with the Rebel Legion and just got my Aurra Sing approved, and I do a Twi'lek sometimes, so now I'm saving up for the next project. It'll be a while before I have the funds to complete anything, but I'll be lurking around reading everything.