My first build, a ninjabenben story.

ninjabenben

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, just curious if this is a common problem. There is no way to look down in the helmet without leaning my whole body forward. The shape of the helmet and the neck piece and pauldron just stuffs too much to tilt my head down, does that sound about right? Also there's no way I can come close to bending over enough to touch my toes, the thigh pieces dig into my waist too much for that.

Yes, vision directly in front of you will be a never ending problem.  It's likely you'll miss small kids without a spotter, so just be careful and vigilant as you walk.  I always end up hitting some kid with my hand when we are getting in position for a picture as I just can't see them.

As for you GML, if North Carolina is in the Carolina Garrison, then yes, submit to them.  Good luck!

My wife usually acts as my assistant. She will pull my pauldron down and makes sure it's not being pushed by the pack. Yeah you will learn really quick how to stand to maximize viewing ability. When a 2 or 3 year old comes up to your leg but you can't see them is fun. 

My wife usually acts as my assistant. She will pull my pauldron down and makes sure it's not being pushed by the pack. Yeah you will learn really quick how to stand to maximize viewing ability. When a 2 or 3 year old comes up to your leg but you can't see them is fun. 

Yep!

I usually look down through the frown when kids approach me. But it's not easy to really spot them. You just learn to navigate without actually seeing.

As I said. It's a matter of practicing. After 10 years in armor, I can say it does get easier.

Saludos.

• 2 weeks later...