Official M.E.P.D facebook

deadvision

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On ‎4‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 1:42 PM, Heavy Metal said:

Not sure brothers if this is the right place, but i have requested access ti the private MEPD FB page with no answer,  can someone add me

Link?

I believe he is talking about the private MEPD group. I was added to it sometime last year.

1 hour ago, Gordonator said:

Who created this group? The Legion PR team might not approved this if this private group is not managed by any of the command staff. The Legion takes a hard stance on all units' online presence.

I'm not familiar with this group as well and I'm pretty sure it's not managed by any of the CS team because then I should know about it.

The question is do we have any options to take it down? I don't really see any atm. After all the MEPD is not a trademark or something similiar owned by the Legion...

1 hour ago, Airborne Trooper said:

There was no admin so I just figured out how to make myself one. We will take control of this group and use it for our own uses. Will make any staff here that wants to be an admin one as well. 

Well, actually I don't see the point of having to administer 2 MEPD FB groups let alone out forum.

I would just make an announcement, refer the guys to our official page and disable it.

@dutchy: What do you say, Boss?

55 minutes ago, Strider said:

Well, actually I don't see the point of having to administer 2 MEPD FB groups let alone out forum.

I would just make an announcement, refer the guys to our official page and disable it.

@dutchy: What do you say, Boss?

I agree as well, seems redundant to have 2 Facebook groups and a forum

It appears to have been created by Mark Simpson on October 10, 2015.

I had posted a few pics there because I was not comfortable sharing them to the internet on the public MEPD but OK with MEPD members seeing.
Like the photo of a sad TD sitting on a swing with no one to give them a push.

14 hours ago, Gordonator said:

Yes you are right there's nothing we can do to take it down or whatever.

But what we can do is to announce to MEPD members that the closed group is not endorsed by us least people think it's an official group.

Anyone who's inside the group can you advise what is been discussed inside the group?

Yeah - its not an official group, and it is private.  Stand by and let me figure out how to add you. edit - I sent a request to your Hotmail address.
Perhaps you could ask this Mark Simpson to change the name?

The way I have viewed the group after I was added, that it is similar to how our garrison has a private group, because not everyone  in our garrison goes to the forums, and we sometimes use it as a quick way to communicate (or like some of us who have the worst luck when it comes to internet forums locking you out. But you don't want to flood the official facebook page, which isn't populated as much)
Or we use it to share quick things (I recently shared a  preorder for the Egg Attack Sandy and Dewback) but don't want to clutter the forum.
Memes 
I haven't done this yet in this group, , but we also keep on the lookout for "items needed" or alert members when there are sales on fabric or heads ups for ebay sales.
In that example - one could post it here in these forums, but more people "hang out" on facebook and would see the post quicker than here, logging in, perusing the forums then finding the post.

And me on the swing - bucket on. But I felt it wasn't a good enough clear photo to share on the Official MEPD page.

• Upvote 1

If it's a private group I don't see a problem for now.  If one of our official FB admins could make a post on our official page to clarify that we don't endorse this page and that it has nothing to do with us it should be tackled. @Strider, @SCRIBBLER, can any of you guys sort this out?

On the other hand it's a good thing that troops create groups/ pages besides our official page to stay in touch with each other.

But in this case the name definitely needs to be changed into something else to prevent that people might get confused and to make clear that there is only one official MEPD FB page.

To sum it up, for official business it should be made clear that the only channel that we use on FB is our official page.

Move along...

:salute: