TD-8541 Requesting SWAT Deployment

FIVE

I'm still lost for words here...

what a great way to come back to the MEPD, by bad mouthing something that we have been working very *******.

while I accept you had some input in the SWAT programmes creation, you were not the sole creator, whilst I was not staff at the time, it is known that other cs such a Rick, Rolf, etc are also to thank as well.

things have obviously moved on since you left the MEPD and coming back after your absence with this attitude as left me and others very disappointed. This is a community forum, it belongs to everyone, not just you.

You say "I don't blame anyone but us all for this" - how dare you say that? We have put a lot of time and effort into this and you think you can flame it all publicly with such a comment - not very fitting for someone in the command staff.

These reviews take up a lot of time out of personal lives. In fact I spent an hour and a half on yours yesterday on my day off work and how do you repay me? By getting personal in your reply.

It's clear to me that you thought you had some right to be automatically cleared for swat just because you helped create the programme, and after I suggest a few very simple and quick mods you throw it all in!

I'm about fairness and equality Noel, regardless of any staff position or time served here. I will review each application in the same way and you will not change that.

SWAT is about replicating a screen trooper and its a hard road to achieve - ask any swat cleared member. If you wanted a great looking kit but aren't up for the challenge then that's what the PO programme is for.

I've noted your refusal to continue your swat application. I will not put anymore of my limited time into it.

Thank you.

To chime in on what has been said. I myself will go SWAT too eventually and I know that it will be hard. But being the best requires some blood, sweat and tears..and lots of elbow grease.

The rules applied for SWAT count for everyone in my opinion and no exceptions must be made. Respecting the comments and pointers given by the DO "Smally" are one of those rules, bad manners isn't one of them.

Hope to see you making it to SWAT eventually Noel.

SWAT was never designed to be an easy programme and does take time and effort to achieve.

It's a real shame that the open forum which is supposed to be a place for openness and Q &A to an extent is abused. As someone that many people look up to Bluey it was a real shame to read what you had put, and felt that this was an attack and kind of personal. Smally is only doing his job and the bar was set accordingly. Positive and constructive feedback also given.

We are a brotherhood and should stick together that's what makes us special. I hate negativety so let's all stop this and get along.

I'm sure that there are others who reside near to you that would help you in achieving your SWAT status as you are too close to call it quits.

Finally I am going for my SWAT later this year and know that it will be no easy task so I expect lots of going back and forth to tweet things.

I have mixed feelings.
I am disappointed by the way you Bluey brought this thing on a personal level and with very little respect for Brad which also didn't wait a sec to review your application.
As above mentioned being involved in the creation of the program doesn't allow you to get approved straight away.
Brad in my personal opinion is been very light-handed.
Your application lacks of full body pics from every side pics of the right details and comparisons with the screen grabs.
Nobody saw your PO application or your upgrade process to SWAT so nobody know your armour and the application intent is to review it tip to toe.

I am also surprised by the lack of backups from the other members of the Command Staff for Brad but from Justus.

Welcome back to the MEPD and to the Command staff Bluey

I read a little bit more of this thread and I just want to say....this isn't who we are. Let's get back to what made us a great detachment in the first place. Love you all....let's hug and go grab some blue milk....first and second rounds are on me..

I agree, Rick. I love you all!

Smally, I need to apologize to you, brother. I honestly shouldn't have even gone for SWAT in the first place because I knew there would be a lot of small things to change that I (that's a capital emphasized "I") would think was ridiculous. The truth is I am disappointed in where the program ended up... and the truth is I had built myself up to expect a "bunch of nonsense" (in quotes because, again, it's my opinion) that when it happened I was angry... but... the truth is you didn't deserve my reply. I could've easily just said, "Thanks so much brother for all the hard work! I'll post again if I decide to continue!"

So, I'm sorry for that!

Now then... I'm not sorry that I'm still disappointed and that I still think camera angles and such minutia are held as standards. I'm also not sorry that I'm sorry the program has gotten to this. And I am not going to continue in it. BUT... again... I do apologize to you for making it — or for it even "coming off as" — personal, however I intended it.

Now then... hopefully this thread will die off and be remembered as something in the past and I will forever love the MEPD and being part of it and be PROUD to be a part of it!!!

Nice to see you back Noel

Great looking armour, I would have been happy with them few minor fair requirements from Smally.

2 years ago it took me 6 months to meet requirements & fully rebuild a costly accurate fieldpack, then another 5 or 6 required armour mods were pointed out & added to the list after that.

It was a long dusty road & would have preferred a couple of hours extra work & no extra expense

Good luck Noel so close don't give up

Man I have to say after reading all this, I am amazed. I remember being the first SWAT approval in the USA right under Rolf and man! Did I get picked apart! (Under Bluey and Luis) Lol not in a bad way but in a good way. I remember having to redo my weathering 4 times! yes I had arguments, and many other small details, but I didn't give up. In fact over time I thought it got to laxed compared to how it started. I felt it got laxed because at the time, for a long time no one applied for SWAT. Then people started applying and little things started squeaking through.

Like no strip method assembly, Caboots shoes, and a few other things. It seems like it is getting back on track to me from the way it used to be, so I am just surprised that your giving up.

I think I remember when I got discouraged under Blueys watch, and Luis and Bluey told me not to give up but carry on.

My statement would have to be the same that you gave me.

Don't give up, and don't expect things to be given to you. Go out and push on! Earn what you came here to get. You can do it!

First off, I'd like to apologize for my absence. It's finally great to be feeling close to 100% now. Personal issues settled and family business/ work / etc have been handled and finally back on track after a bout with the flu! Aak!

Things have gotten a little out of control here it seems. I wrote this in a Command Staff thread and I wanted to share it with all the members of this proud detachment...

"I have faith that we will get back on track. What I tried to convey as DO and what I continue to try and do as XO is help make this detachment inclusive and not exclusive. That applies not only to our members , but to all of us here in Command. The lines get blurred sometimes but we all do stand as one and hopefully we can make headway in improving that and concentrating once again on what makes the MEPD run as a well oiled machine. Each family has their share of disagreements and we are no different. With that said , families that get through their difficulties come out the other side better. I know that we will too. I have pride working alongside all of you here and I will be here to support you all through thick and thin. Now let's go arrest some Tuskens!"

The SWAT program is challenging and that's what it is supposed to be. But it is also fun as well.

I have always thought that the MEPD were already elite in the way we constructed our rigs and presented them to the rest of the Legion. SWAT is just that extra "Oomph".

Believe me, I totally understand that SWAT details aren't for everyone. For example, the idea of extra mods to achieve a badge is a little daunting for someone who might be limited in funds and really doesn't want to make any drastic alterations to a kit that has been a big investment up to Police Officer status.

The SWAT program will always be there and with so many new references , it only makes sense that the bar gets raised every now and then.

I'm one of those that has not gone SWAT as of yet. Although I feel that I have been ready to pursue the badge, I'm in no rush. I've been pretty satisfied with my kit. To me, I like the feeling that I can go one more level up. Something to keep me motivated, so to speak. I've always felt that since becoming a member and during my time as D.O. and now as the X.O., being an MEPD Officer already makes you a top notch Sandtrooper. We have our standards and we all have been representing the TDs with pride.

Most Legion members will know if we are basic Legion TDs or MEPD almost immediately! :td:

Bluey, please don't give up on getting SWAT status, Brother! Your builds are awesome and obstacles, they say, test one's resolve.

It is one heck of an accomplishment to complete what you started. We all have faith that you can get there!

Noel, you brought the level of excellence up during your time as C.O. and we are just carrying on that tradition.

Brad is an excellent D.O. and he really does want everyone to achieve the status they are looking for here in the Precinct. Whether it be Standard or SWAT.

Again, I hope you'll reconsider. :yes:

Like you said, when you are ready to continue, rest assured that we will be here to make sure you reach the finish line, my friend! Your hard work will pay off! :td: :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

:td: :salute:Looking sweet here Noel :thumbsup:

although, I must echo what Dave Mars said earlier .....My S.W.A.T application took as long (if not longer ) than his did under Juan's guideance and him constructively pointing out little details that would make my gear look even better I finally got the #3 U.K S.W.A.T Deployment in the end :)

even though I helped Dave Mars with his weathering/pack etc; , it still wasn't an easy deployment for him ....again, Juan pointed out tweaks that would make his gear look that much better ,so we carried on,taking those points on board,keeping faith, and persivereing until we both finally achieved our goals ...as was said at the time .....S.W.A.T is not an easy ride,but a long,and sometimes hard road to travel to make the level of the "super elite " to represent the original '76 sandtrooper and as near to how they really were as we possibly can ! unlike the other early S.W.A.T Officers at the time back then , I was the first MEPD S.W.A.T officer to go with the brown,heavy ( "Grungey look" as Anthony Forrest told me ) as compared to the ( now outdated,and inaccurate 3 pigment "yellowy/sand Colour ..... I simply wanted my gear to look rough like the armour Mollo and the props guys in Tunisia did on set ,and with Anthony telling me how the did much of the stuff too I went down that road and suffered a couple of years of abuse from people for doing that too !!!! I wanted to do my S.W.A.T build " Warts and all " just like they did it on set in '76 !!! ,!! all the rush job mistakes that were used to weather and hold these suits together while filming on set back then !! ...I even put the Gaffa tape on the relevant points on the shins and shoulder bell and also the woodscrew in the side of the ear on the lid as per the #2 Road block captain lid ( again, I was the first S.W.A.T officer to do this ) to get the "rough , bodged up look of the original set used armour as near and as best as I could,and also to pay homeage to the work of Mollo and his team,and also to Anthony and the guys who wore this stuff on set ! ....our passion for getting the original look as near as we can progressed to even more attention to detailing like pouches,packs,helmet and weathering details and more to achieve this goal ! back then , no other S.W.A.T Officer I knew wanted to do that stuff to their kit - even to put the gaffa tape on their Armour was a big"No-No " for those guys ..but I did ! Smally and JK007 never had any of the above omn their gear but got S.W.A.T , and maybe ,after I did mine and Daves, these details were taken on board by others ,and that is probably why we hardly see any " 3 pigment weathering " etc: on any MEPD trooper that much nowdays . maybe people have wanted to pursue the way these guys really looked and , like me , attempted to do it as near to that as possible ! ,and I also appreciate that some people don't personally like the "Brown,Oily Weathering " kind of look on their kit - each to their own I say ....my biker scout is done the same - aerosol sprayed black paint in all the relevant areas like the originals ,but a lot of my BSN buddies who are Lancer deployed preffer the clean, white "Death Star 2 Look " ...again, each to their own ,as I wanted the more set used look to mine .whichever way you do it, its still the same passion isn't it guys ????

To me MEPD Police Officer was a highr spec to standard 501st requirements (hence it was always classed as joining the Elite by being a Police Officer ) ....and S.W.A.T ( was originally ,and is still ) classed as "Going the extra mile " to re-create the original ANH Sandtrooper and all the relevant detailing as near as possible ( hence the "Super Elite " status S.W.A.T was given ) we all had a choice as wether to take up the challenge of S.W.A.T or not - I have seen many Police Officers whos kit is just as good looking as the S.W.A.T kit ,but their choice is to stay P.O , they are quite happy without the S.W.A.T Badge themselves,and all due respect to them for that too ! again, individual choice here guys. .

But what I seriouslyI hate to see here that really saddens me is us guys argueing over something that is ( and always has been ) our true passion collectively as a Detatchment ( to be honest , I was shocked to read this ,as I have never experienced arguments/discord like this before in what I always thought of as a like minded Brotherhood - an awesome,warm and friendly detatchment site .)

as a deployment officer,each individual only does what they believe to be the best for those wishing to submit for deployment in either P.O or S.W.A.T to help them achieve the best results they possibly can ) I trod the "long ,Difficult road many times myself ,and with Dave Marsden's gear ,but I took the valid points on board ,knowing that this would be to achieve a better,higher standard that would hopefully inspire others .I never complained and by doing this ,boosted my knowledge and passion even more ! .... unfortunately ,my armour is now brittle,broken,and un repairable now . although at present I cannot afford to replace my gear ,when I do I will still apply the same passion and detailing as I did on my old gear ,and even as I am the first MEPD Armourer , I will still submit my work to the deployment officer and also to you all for a " look over" ,and gladly accept any advice given when the time comes :)

your gear is to a top standard Noel (as it always has been ) ,and I am sure with a couple of small tweaks ( as we have all had to make when going for "Super Elite " status ) you will be S.W.A.T Deployed in no time :thumbsup::td:

in the mean time guys can we please again be the "warm,friendly and like minded " Detatchment dedicated to the look of the ANH Sandtrooper with the same passion,dedication,helpfulness and brotherhood as we had before .,as that place was the most AWESOME place to be !

KEEP THE FAITH BROTHERS AND BE GOOD TO EACH OTHER !

Love and Respect to you all :salute::td:

Hey Noel, great lookin rig brother. :thumbsup: Hope to see you in SWAT soon. Myself too. I just got my TKC kicked back for a few items that needed attention. I really felt like just selling it after that. But i remembered reading forums like this,and how we all persevere. I looked this word up and this is what it means,

verb: ____________________________________________________________________________________________
  1. continue in a course of action even in the face of difficulty or with little or no prospect of success.
    synonyms: persist, continue, carry on, go on, keep on, keep going, struggle on, hammer away, be persistent, be determined, see/follow something through, keep at it, press on/ahead, not take no for an answer, be tenacious, stand one's ground, stand fast/firm, hold on, go the distance, stay the course, plod on, stop at nothing, leave no stone unturned; More
    informalsoldier on, hang on, plug away, stick to one's guns, stick it out, hang in there
    "she will persevere regardless of the obstacles"
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
    So i finished the repairs on my TKC and am currently waiting approval. Most of all waiting to see all the smiles, the HOLY COW LOOK, the kids, and inspire someone to do the same. So Noel, weather you go swat or not, continue to inspire, and have fun, in this awesome thing we do. :yes: