TD-8541 Requesting SWAT Deployment

FIVE

Name: Noel Green
Legion ID #: TD-8541
Forum Name: Bluey
Garrison: Dewback Ridge
Trooper Emulated: Captain Docking Bay 94 (Garinden)
A comparison pic with my armor on a stand.
i-3wHhwQP.jpg
i-5j453D5.jpg
i-DG6wtB3.jpg
Member must currently be deployed as an MEPD Police Officer to be considered. - Yes
Weathering must be appropriate to screen used armor. Too little or too much weathering will not be allowed. - Yes
Pack, pauldron, and weapon combinations must match a specific trooper a seen on screen. - Yes
Pauldrons must be of the accurate “puffy” variety. Older style/flat and brightly/off color pauldrons are not allowed.
i-JvBDSjS-XL.jpg
Pouches must be of the correct construction, color, and materials as reference trooper.
i-jsbbmS8-X2.jpg
Rubber gloves.
Latex (i.e., “soft”) hand plates.
i-MhJ6SRN-XL.jpg
Rivets on the left side of the ab/kidney plates: a total of six rivets with three on the ab and three on the kidney plate, equally spaced out along the depth of the armor and about 10mm from the edge. (can't see one of them, but it's there... just hidden under the belt.) B)
i-xtKrTgR-XL.jpg
One snap on the top right hand side oft he ab plate: back of male side of snap should show on outside of ab plate.
i-HP9NZ8K-XL.jpg

Not required but added "notch" on top left thigh.

i-cSRJHmm-XL.jpg

Visible fasteners under crotch area. Two (or 3) male snaps in the back and one split rivet or brad in the front. (not required to be functional)

i-PF6LNXR-XL.jpg

Boots must be screen accurate in color and make; they cannot have a seam on the front.

i-xpDGgb2-XL.jpg

Helmet is ATA

i-FJXG8r6-XL.jpg

Blaster by Wolfman

i-h3jPvbg-XL.jpg

Action shot!

(more to come I'm sure)

i-ZTHGffP-XL.jpg

Hi Noel. Many thanks for your application (at last! ;) )

Your review is underway, please stand by...

===================================

Standing by! :thumbsup::salute:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Noel,

Thank you for your application to join the elite ranks of SWAT (which you helped create lol)

*Please note* - During this process, there may be some modifications that will need to be made to your gear. Details that need to be even more fine tuned in comparison to past SWAT members. The bar is always being set higher! Therefore, we always stress PATIENCE during this process as we pay more and more attention to fine tuning and detailing with each new SWAT applicant. The MEPD Senior Commanders and myself will give your armour / gear a full inspection and review. Some details may be missed and re-checked, but we will try to catch them on every pass given until you are cleared and ready to join the Special Weapons & Tactics Team, Trooper! :td:

Let's begin...

APPLICATION REVIEW (PART 1)

Name: Noel Green
Legion ID #: TD-8541
Forum Name: Bluey

Garrison: UK Garrison

** ANH SANDTROOPER SELECTED **: Docking bay 94 Captain/Garinden

HELMET:

a.) Green Lenses -- CHECK
b.) Paint Color on Traps / Tears -- CHECK
c.) Correct Number Of Teeth -- CHECK
d.) Mic Tips -- SEE COMMENTS
e.) Vocoder Color (Black) -- CHECK
f.) Tube Stripes -- CHECK
g.) Rank Bar (Ears)-- SEE COMMENTS
h.) Brow -- SEE COMMENTS
i.) Side Screws (Ears): CHECK

j.) Weathering: CHECK

** Additional comments**

Looking good so far mate, just a few pointers on the helmet

Bluey_zpslht7rujp.jpg

1) On the original helmet notice the small gap between the right (wearers) ear and helmet tube? try to replicate this with a little sanding of the ear.

2) Looking at the angles of the mic tips on the original compared to yours - angle your tips in towards the vocoder a bit more. This can be manipulated by using washers/ABS cut off's on the inside of the helmet.

3)With regards to the Brow fitment, just drop the left side (wearers) down a fraction to reduce the gap between the top of the ear and cap 'n' back line. This will give a more lifted look towards the centere of the brow.

*RESULT ON HELMET*

*Awaiting mods*

II.) Armor / Suit Details:

a.) Canvas / Elastic Straps -- CHECK
b.) Neck Seal -- CHECK
c.) Black Undersuit -- CHECK
d.) Shoulder Bells -- CHECK
e.) Biceps -- SEE COMMENTS
f.) Forearms -- CHECK
g.) Pauldron -- CHECK
h.) Chest / Back Plate -- CHECK
I.) Kidney / Butt Plate -- CHECK
j.) Ab Plate / Side Rivets / Cod -- CHECK

k.) Thighs -- CHECK
l.) Shins / Calves -- CHECK
m.) Sniper Plate -- CHECK
n.) Boots -- CHECK
o.) Gloves -- CHECK
p.) Hand Plates / Guards -- CHECK
q.) Ammo Belt (Waist) w/ correct Angled Edges -- CHECK
r.) Ammo Belt (Right Knee) -- CHECK
s.) Canvas Belt -- CHECK
t.) Pouches -- CHECK
u.) Weathering -- SEE COMMENTS

** Additional Comments **

Suit is looking great, Noel! Nice work.

BICEPS - With the right bicep, just be sure to pull it down a bit more. None of the bicep should be under the shoulder bell.

Weathering - Some great attention to detailing on the obvious markings here, however there needs to be a bit more base to it. What type of paints and method are you using?

I'd highly suggest diluting some acrylic raw umber in a spray bottle. Spray it on over several layers being sure to dab off any streaks. This gives a great base layer to work on top of.

Could you also take the updated photos outside in natural light too please mate? ;)

*RESULT ON ARMOUR*

*Awaiting mods*

III.) BACKPACK:

a.) Details -- CHECK
b..) Weathering -- CHECK

Not required for this application

*RESULT ON BACKPACK*

**CHECKED AND CLEARED**

IV.) WEAPON(S): T-21

a.) Details -- SEE COMMENTS
b..) Weathering -- CHECK

It's always nice to see the brute of all the blasters!

i-h3jPvbg-XL_zpsll4f29jf.jpg

1) This sight unit will have to be removed and replaced with the a black coiled wire as seen here

Sandtroopers2-hd_zpstaecnr4u.jpg

2) You will need to add a thin blue wire wrapped around the barrel of the T21 (use this link for enlarge picture):

http://www.looksirdroids.com/hd_caps/pages/sandtrooper_hd_095.htm

*RESULT ON WEAPON*

*Awaiting mods*

Standing by for your completed mods.....

Yeah. No thanks.
I'm withdrawing my application for SWAT.

I suppose I'm a "NOT".

This is really sad that the program I envisioned and dreamed up has come to this.

The standard should not be "... in comparison to past SWAT members." The standard should be the film! If we keep using past members then that's an infinite upper scale into what? What becomes the final standard?

And while I see a few things I missed and agree with — like the wire on the gun — the minutia of things like, "... the small gap between the right (wearers) ear and helmet tube" are such tiny things that it's not worth my time and effort to keep working on it.

I invented this program to have one more "level of fun" for guys like me who love to put all we've got into our armor (and costumes.) I'm the first one for being super hyper accurate but this has — as I feared from looking through past submissions — gotten out of control. It's now hard just for the sake of being hard. Not at all what I envisioned.

Disappointing... frustrating... discouraging... and a little sad.

I will troop in my armor, love my armor, and keep being proud to be a member of the MEPD.
But SWAT, if this is what it is now? No thanks.

"How can I describe my emotions at the catastrophe, or how delineate the wretch whom with such infinite pains and care I had endeavored to form?" - Dr. Victor Frankenstein

Everybody has to do a little here and there I'm sure you would like to have the tag swat on your title.

Chill out and enjoy life your a long time dead

Nah, I'm done. Not gonna modify one thing.
Truth is my armor is downright AMAZING as is and I can do without the little badge on my name. ;)

Hopefully some of the people private messaging and emailing and texting me their support of my stance will help to revise and make this better. The attitude of "almost there" isn't one I share. I've read too many other SWAT requests to know that even if I did those things there would be 5 other things.

Just so everyone's clear I don't "blame" anyone but all of us for this — certainly not Smally who's just doing the job as it has become. The admin (back when we started it) should have had the comments closed to the public on every SWAT submission. Over time other troopers who weren't the D.O. replied with ideas and suggestions and thoughts and encouragements and criticisms and then those things were set as a level and then those levels were leveled up and soon enough it was the band wagon leading what defines a SWAT officer and not what it was intended to be.

I'll stay as an active member of the MEPD and help out in all the ways I'm good at and I can understand those the blaster and even weathering comment... but I'm not going to spend time away from things that matter to make a gap in my ear a bit bigger or change the angles of my mic tips. Come on.