Need some major thigh help.

deadvision

Okay I have everything else perfect and fitting. But the thighs will not fit at all, as my thighs are pretty big. I have an MTK kit. I had first had them with 7/8 cover strips in the front and 2 inch in the back. But they won't go up where need be. Now the obvious solution is to make larger cover strips. But anything bigger and it's going to look ridiculous. Is there some sort of other solutions I haven't thought of? Or a maker that makes bigger fitting thighs? This is the only thing I need for approval. Thanks.

I am having a similar problem with one thigh. I disassembled the entire thing this morning.

When you put them on - do they get up over the knee and then end up trying to yank it up and attempt to stuff the remainder of the thigh into it? It kind of ends up looking like an overstuffed ice cream cone?

Like the top of the thighs don't meet up with the crotch? Resulting in a really big gap of black fabric?

I am having a similar problem with one thigh. I disassembled the entire thing this morning.

When you put them on - do they get up over the knee and then end up trying to yank it up and attempt to stuff the remainder of the thigh into it? It kind of ends up looking like an overstuffed ice cream cone?

Like the top of the thighs don't meet up with the crotch? Resulting in a really big gap of black fabric?

Yes exactly! I had cover strips of 2 inch on the back and that didn't work. I fear anymore and it will end up looking terrible.

The best way (meaning the looks best way) to do it would be to add plastic to the inside of the "inner" sides of both the thighs and actually take the time to fill it out with bondo (or the like), sand it, and make it smooth so you've extended the thigh some. Then you can cover it with a relatively "normal sized" covering strip.

The thing with that is it takes a lot of time.

I know you're trying to avoid this look... but the truth is if you keep the covering strip pretty uniform (and not a big triangle) it's gonna look pretty good when you're done.

And NO ONE notices the backs of your thighs on troops!

Try and find pictures of the backs of people's thighs... not easy. B)

You can do it the 1st way — that's what I'd help with if you actually wanted help — but it is a lot of work.

One more option is to get a set of thighs from AM.

His armor has more than enough room to fit you as is.

The best way (meaning the looks best way) to do it would be to add plastic to the inside of the "inner" sides of both the thighs and actually take the time to fill it out with bondo (or the like), sand it, and make it smooth so you've extended the thigh some. Then you can cover it with a relatively "normal sized" covering strip.

The thing with that is it takes a lot of time.

I know you're trying to avoid this look... but the truth is if you keep the covering strip pretty uniform (and not a big triangle) it's gonna look pretty good when you're done.

And NO ONE notices the backs of your thighs on troops!

Try and find pictures of the backs of people's thighs... not easy. B)

You can do it the 1st way — that's what I'd help with if you actually wanted help — but it is a lot of work.

One more option is to get a set of thighs from AM.

His armor has more than enough room to fit you as is.

The bondo method I actually thought of at work, substitute bondo for abs paste however. That is true. And hardly see the back of a trooper. And the average person would never notice anything. I emailed AM tonight in hopes they sell spare parts and I can obtain some thighs.

• 2 weeks later...

As long as you make the rear cover strip proportional it will be ok. Honestly I searched a ton to get some decent rear thigh shots(many hours spent staring at trooper butt can change a person) and the only people that will notice that the rears look a little off are those in this group. Your average person or kid isn't going to whip out a ruler and say that yours a sham because your rear covers trips are 1/64th too wide.

Look at the swat and police officer sections to get an idea