TK vs TD outfits

Somatophylax

At first glance it would appear so, but there are several details which are unique to the Sandtrooper including painting differences on the helmet, ab button differences, knee plate, and pouches. Sandies don't have the small drop boxes hanging from the belt, nor do they have a leather holster. Check out our CRL for more information...

Thanks. Indeed, a number of subtle differences. I was wondering because I haven't decided if I want to have a TK or a TD armor. When I look at RS Props, they have the TK, TD, and TS pages... but the TD page doesn't seem to actually sell a specific TD armor.

I believe that they include both pieces to build a TK or a TD in the same standard kit. Most vendors do that but if you're uncertain you can just ask them. They have a great custom support :)
Good luck with your future build! :)

I bought my RS kit back in 2012 and asked to have TD parts included but they never said they would add them and they were not included when it arrived. There were other issues at the time I had to sort out with them so I left the TD request as is. They may have changed what is included since. As suggested, just ask them.since last year I think, Andrea is their new PR worker, she is super friendly and helpful. RS has improved on their customer service.

For what it's worth, I didn't fully understand the differences either when I started my build a few years ago, and I ordered a standard TK kit from AP. Once I figured everything out, the "extra" parts were easy to acquire from others here on the forum.