• 1 month later...

I'd say that are good enough to be cleared but due the bottom side you won't be able to get the SWAT status.

Can I ask what it is about the the bottom side that won't pass?

More for curiosity's sake than anything.

:td:

The quilted bottom is just not screen accurate.

Here some references the bottom side is black
8669084373_fdd2ed8e3d_b.jpg

the one the left is white top white bottom the one on the right is black top has a flat white bottom
8669088965_827deacf8d_o.jpg

8670192748_f5cb4ee0de_b.jpg

8595680378_3ee78a99f1_o.jpg

8595680406_496cfa453a_o.jpg

hope it helps

Gotcha! Thank you for that.

The quilted bottom is just not screen accurate.

Here some references the bottom side is black
8669084373_fdd2ed8e3d_b.jpg

the one the left is white top white bottom the one on the right is black top has a flat white bottom
8669088965_827deacf8d_o.jpg

8670192748_f5cb4ee0de_b.jpg

8595680378_3ee78a99f1_o.jpg

8595680406_496cfa453a_o.jpg

hope it helps

Perfect! Thank you for that.

The Pauldrons in the movie were made and used reversed on some troopers. To give the ability to have more troopers in different ranks.

Another words, the White Pauldrons were flipped upside down to show the black version. In turn giving us 3 different ranks

I'd say that are good enough to be cleared but due the bottom side you won't be able to get the SWAT status.

Do we know that the bottom side of the orange pauldron in the link is not black? Based on the images that I see in the vendor link, I can't tell what color they are.

I highly recommend Jay's (Trooper1) pauldrons any day, but it is always nice to have alternative options.

Yes Eric,

All the reference material from past, show 2 style of pauldrons.

Orange and white.

discussions with Anthony in the past, from what he remembered, told me that the white was flipped over at the last minute to reveal the black side, giving it the black pauldron trooper.

Now I could go on an on with my results but you get the point. LOL

Take a look at Picture number 2, with the troopers standing side by side.

The bicep strap....See it....

the white one has the strap attached on top, and the white on bottom has the strap attached underneath.

giving you the white one flipped upside down.

Take a look at Picture number 2, with the troopers standing side by side.

The bicep strap....See it....

the white one has the strap attached on top, and the white on bottom has the strap attached underneath.

giving you the white one flipped upside down.

You should mention that those with the white on the top and black on the bottom used on the corporals came without the ribs on the white side. ;)

So in my researches I've found

orange

ribbed white on the top

flat white used mainly upside down but there are a couple of shots where you can see it on one trooper. When the MF is about to take off.

I can also add that there was another type as seen in the second picture left trooper in the desert with a white top and white bottom

For clarification, I was referring to the vendor link that TKDMAC74 was specifically asking about. The question was around if we know if that specific vendor's orange pauldrons do not have black colored backing, since you can't see the back of them on their web site.

You definitely can't go wrong with Jay! TROOPER1 Pauldrons are trusted and highly recommended accessories for any TD looking to get their rig as accurate as possible!

:td: :thumbsup: :yes: