New AP Sandy Build

KCman

My "Big Brown Box" arrived yesterday from Authentic Props and im ready to begin my journey into construction of my own Sandtrooper. hopfully im in the right spot for documenting the build. I will have lots of questions and I would rather ask 3 times than make 1 catastrophic mistake.

post-5995-0-63824500-1428772888_thumb.jp

post-5995-0-50431100-1428772889_thumb.jp

I'm about ready to start putting pieces together permanently. I had a page tagged somewhere that I now can't find the detailed what snaps/clips/split rivits etc to use where along with what size strapping/elastic to use and where. I have 1 1/2" woven ribbed elastic for the shoulders. I was wondering if sombody could let me know a good spot to get this info. I am aiming for SWAT right out of the gate to do I don't have to make many changes down the road.

Currently also waiting for for my shipment to come from trooper bay with some goodies and I'm expecting my boots from imperial boots this week or early next week.

• 4 weeks later...

Found my measurements. Got my chest and back, bells and biceps done. I now am takling forearms. I am having an issue with size. Is it acceptable to have 1 joint closed with velcro? Or do they both HAVE to be glued. The reason I'm asking is because in order for me to make it so I can slide it on, the wrist opening is huge. Then I have the problem of the elbow end really tight on my arm. I may be able to tear them apart and taper the joint more to give more room, but I'd like to know about the velcro first before I do this.

• 2 months later...

Ive documented via pics pretty much the whole build. Unfortunately I can't seem to be able to upload any more pics. The suit is done and now awaiting basic aproval. I've had to readjust my shoulder straps to get everything higher on my chest. I had too much black showing up top.

I had special permission to join my local 501st brothers as there only a couple in this area, to go onstage with Weird Al Yancovic last night. What a truly amazing experience. I cannot wait to attend further functions.

Here is a video of the part we did. And yes that was me Al put his head on.

https://youtu.be/1BONfoH2c1s

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not a little guy, so I have to add shims to kidney and ab. I was originally going to try to make it seamless from the start, but making the paste and working with it is tricky. I'll do that down the road after I experiment some more.

Added shims to both kidney and ab to spilt it up.

20150524_103732_zpsgoksbmjo.jpg

20150524_103612_zpsntcvarcn.jpg