Pack with no faucet cover

Batphobic

• 2 weeks later...

Ok it seems that no one has been able to answer this yet so I will do so.

The answer is no, as it is accepted that that part is part of most, if not all of the packs that were made. The requirement for MEPD requirement is that your pack should be reasonably accurate.

Is there a specific reason why you want to know. The item does not have to made out of a faucet cover, a fridge jug does just as good a job.

Hope this helps

Nick

Thanks, Nick. Just asking because yeah it seems like a hard part to source, and not all the movie packs were the same -- some were missing a part here or there. I'm seeing a lot of faucet covers on eBay but I'm also reading from a lot of folks on here getting burned buying what they think is the oval-ish shaped one and getting the cone one delivered.

I'll look for a fridge jug or something like that. Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Don't let them fool you Brian. What you receive will not match the picture!

The manufacturer changed the shape of the faucet cover so they could fit more in the case:

faucet_covers_yucky.jpg

I don't think we'll ever see the old style again.

Furthermore, the backpacks were made in Elstree studios, near Hertfordshire England. It rarely gets below freezing in the winter, so I would speculate the prop builders would not have had cold weather faucet covers available.

http://www.yr.no/place/United_Kingdom%2FEngland%2FCounty_of_Hertfordshire/statistics.html

Folks from England, please let me know if you have found faucet covers in your shops.

I suspect the actual item on the backpack is a canteen, turned upside down, with a hose in the top. Like the ones I'm vacuum forming today :)

canteen_vac_halves_03.jpg

(banana for scale)

I'll post a for sale thread in a day or two.

Charlie

I have 2 of the old style bluish Frost King, and 5 of the brown ones that I bought last year at Lowes here in Texas. They've been used on the houses I take care of. I've seen the pyramid as well. If I happen to run across some, I'll pick them up and let y'all know.

• 1 month later...