DontWashMeTrooper

Yes. Those are now super hard to find. I think someone talked about trying to mold the oval faucet cover, but haven't heard anything for awhile. Best of luck trying to hunt one down.

Don't even bother ordering from the internet....I was burned THREE TIMES, including TWICE when I called and explicitly asked if the item pictured was the item in stock. Each time (three different vendors), the pyramid ones showed up.

From my understanding someone was concerned that the vacuuform pull would be too long and would have some issues with the integrity of the plastic.

I got really lucky and found mine on the side of the road...

Wow, nice piece of luck there.

I plan on casting mine and try to pull it. With Celebration coming up, it has been difficult to balance stuff I wanna do with stuff I HAVE to do with all the orders we have doing X-Wing stuff. I will try to cast it this week and see how it pulls. Just picked up some plastic to pull chest boxes. I will post here the results....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It looks a little to boxy or rectangular to me versus an oval shape. IMHO, I think it would be too hard to modify to make it look more accurate.

• 4 months later...

Since the troopers were going in the desert, I believe the prop builders used canteens for the stinger, and not faucet covers.

I've got vacuum formed canteen kits that require a bit of assembly:

canteen_assembly_15.jpg

You can find them in this for sale thread:

http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?showtopic=13661

Charlie