Looking for feedback

Beefie

Hey All been on hiatus for a bit but thats only cause work and well work? (by work i mean getting all my gear to work on getting into the 501st officially) I have a side helmet before i try this on my official helmet (which has the audio and such in it... working on fans now.. ) Here is my 'demo helmet' let me know what you think. Want to say I added some battle damage to the helmet too nice little story for that my left eye has a detached retina thus I want to give my gear a reason on why my eye doesnt work ;) So here is my first try on weathering... Imma work on getting deeper into the creases though next.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

let me know what you think of any suggestions for me? Thank you all for having a look much appreciated!

@ Joshua - Excellent start, Troop! The weathering patterns will work but needs to be toned down a bit. Lighter shades of the current color plus more light greys and a bit more earth tones (sand, dust, etc)

The 'battle damaged' look is a very nice touch, but as it might pass basic Legion designation, it may not be acceptable for MEPD status. That decision will fall with our Deployment Officer and in respect to our present guidelines.

Nice to have a 'demo helmet' right?
(Remember that there are no lines on the traps and tears on your final build. But, you knew that already. Correct?) :yes:

Looking forward to seeing your final helmet construction / weathering and looking forward to having you join our ranks soon. Good luck! :td::thumbsup:

yep I knew that been studying a lot for the last like 6 months gathering information aswell getting some feed from my fellow brother who is in the 501st (Not a TD however) and thank you for the suggestions! ill mess with it a bit more and sand it down to lighten it up a bit aswell :)

hopefully it will fall under guidelines but it not hey atleast it wasnt on my final helmet :) tonight my mannequin is showing up so i can start shaving down my armor and throwing on elastic, buttons, etc. etc. etc. on it the upcoming weeks! :D (ive been feeling like its christmas lately!))

ill add some grays in there aswell see what it can do :) Thank you again!

Your very correct on the strip DP. it was a demo helmet I didn't mod it or anything I am only using this helmet to figure my painting before I place it on the armor and helmet :) but all or atleast most I hope to be all Compliant by the end of summer (it kinda helped me being a creeper watching all these magnificent Troopers armor) and I'm extremely happy you all are enjoying the battle damage I might mess with this more for some creative building :)

Hey Joshua, lookin good. :yes: I like the scratch marks down the eye. Looks like you've seen some fierce battle. :verymad: The tone down on the weathering is a must, but cant wait to see the finished build. I know it'll be awesome. And WHERE ARE YOUR MIC TIPS trooper !!!!!! Lol :P See you in the cantina..............

lol Mic Tips I took off for the painting will be placed back on when completed i promise (easier to take it off instead of getting in the creases and I have the amplifier and mic in my official helmet however which my coworkers loved seeing it in action) and will definitely get on toning it down a bit I realized after you all said it 'yeah... it looks like it rained on Tatooine *smacks head* but thats why I have wonderful troops like you to help with me... sadly i didnt get to tone it down last night i was using my dremel working on the armor and getting it all measured right before i glue and paint... (the lady of the house wasn't happy about the mess in the backroom... but that is my man cave so she said whatever lol)

ill keep you all in the loop with updates in the future :) hopefully approval of 501st before the movie hits cause i want my week of vacation to start with my tattooist dressed up and waiting in line for episode 7

oh definitely listening to what Scribbler said lol this weekend ill sand down the tones and add some lighter colors and hopefully throw it back up... right now i have it on my naked mannequin who needs to get geared up (just trying to get the right sand color now and spreading it all on the armor too) :)

this is possibly the most dedicated project i have ever done and most enjoyable lol (and ive done paints of ps4 controllers and websites) im anxious to just wear it proudly.

The less is more look isn't that hard to achieve, but once you get the hang of it you'll be weathering anything you come across ;)

Practice makes perfect bro'!

That's very true. Weathering was one of the things I was most anxious about since I didn't want to screw anything up. After just diving in, it is one of the most enjoyable.