Could we of the MEPD do something for a fellow trooper

dutchy

Members of the brotherhood of the MEPD.

Recently one of my garrison's newest members was diagnosed with cancer. At first they thought he would make it.

He has had chemo and other treatments but sadly his type of cancer is a very rare and aggressive one.

The doctors have told him that he has a month to go and that month is almost over.

The thing that struck me the most is that he's 23 years old and his life is about to end.

So I am wondering, could we show our support to him as the brotherhood that we are. Maybe by posting something in his facebook wall. I could do that on behalf of all of us.

If you would like to send him a pm on facebook his name is Royd Leeman, TK 11132.

Let me know troops!

dutchy out...

I've made post on his wall on behalf of the whole MEPD to show our support!!

That's a very very sad story, I've read about his story on the AD, where his Football club showed him support and sung and cheered.
I wasn't aware he's also a member of the 501st, I do think the least we could do is to post something on his wall indeed.

I'm hoping he'll have a wonderful time still, and strength to him and his family and friends!

Thank you very much for making aware of this Justus!

Thanks for your reply Bas.

Funny you've read the article in the AD( for all the non dutch members, it's a dutch newspaper).

Still the subject is very saddening, but he is having a wonderful time at the moment.

He has gotten married in the meanwhile and is only doing things that cheer him up.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, he passed away. This was a battle that he couldn't win. The news hit me like a brick in the face.

He was a big fan of the soccer club of ADO- the Hague and the supporters honored him in the 23rd minute of the match by applauding for him for 60 seconds. The players have showed their support as well.

RIP ROYD, we will never forget you brother!