MP3/Speaker Installaion...where?

BroadSword

So who out there has a MP3 player and some speakers installed in their packs? Where do you put them and how do you access them? I'm working a Dirty Boy kit and I'm not really sure where I would put one that I would be able to access it. I'm using the zip tie Pandtrooper seamless method to do the seedtrays, but the only makes the seed trays quasi accessible. I haven't gotten to the radio box yet, but I don't see how I could get in and out of that once it's done. Seems to me it would need to be sealed. Looking for ideas.

Hi,

I have mine all in the radio box, it is held by a magnet at the top and Velcro at the bottom.

The speaker, amp sad card player and 2 9volt batteries are all in the radio face,

I have 2 real switches in the face one for the amp and one for the card player.

Works really well and gets lots of comments

Cheers

Hi,

I have mine all in the radio box, it is held by a magnet at the top and Velcro at the bottom.

The speaker, amp sad card player and 2 9volt batteries are all in the radio face,

I have 2 real switches in the face one for the amp and one for the card player.

Works really well and gets lots of comments

Cheers

Could you post a pic of your radio? How do you wire the switches for the amp and player?

Hi,

here is my radio set up,

The sd card player, amp and voltage regulator all come from Jaycar in Australia but I have listed the specs so you should be able to find the same in USA.

The speaker is under the brown cover and is laudable because I have drilled out the holes in the face like it would have been in the original.

switches again jay car but nothing special.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

A fantastic little MP3 player module perfect for home audio applications. The small PCB with front panel can be installed into the enclosure of your choice allowing you to playback MP3 files from a USB drive or SD Card. It can be powered either from the front panel USB port 5VDC or connected straight to the PCB making this fantastic for audio applications. Considering the price of some audio systems a do it yourself could save a considerable amount of money with this unit. It uses an easy to read red character LED display and can also playback FM radio.

Specifications:

• Frequency Response: 100Hz- 20 kHz

• Includes IR Remote control

• Supports FAT12/16/32 File Systems

• Supports 320Kbps MP3 files

• Panel Buttons: Repeat, EQ, Prev/Vol-, Play/Pause, Next/Vol+, Mode

• Blue power LED indicator

• Red character LED display

• Dimensions: 75(W) x 49(H) x 46(D)mm

Note:For 5VDC operation ONLY

'The Champion' Audio Amplifier Kit with Pre-Amplifier

'The Champion' Audio Amplifier Kit with Pre-Amplifier

Refer: Silicon Chip Magazine January 2013

An amplifier and pre-amplifier combination for all those general-purpose audio projects. It uses the AN7511 audio IC to deliver 2W music power into 8 ohms from a 9 to 12V supply. Features low distortion, two inputs (mixed 1:1), over-temperature protection (auto-limiting), Mute and standby control. Pre-amplifier is also suitable for microphones and electric guitars, and can be separated from the amplifier for individual use. Kit supplied with silk-screened PCB, heatsink and PCB mount components.

Specifications:

• Operating voltage range: 4 - 13.5VDC

• Output power: up to 4W

• Music power: 3W @ 9 - 12V

• Signal-to-noise ratio: ~65dB

• Frequency Response: -2.5dB @ 20Hz, -0.2dB @ 20kHz

• THD+N, 1kHz: ~0.25%

• Gain: 34dB for Amplifier, up to 58dB with pre-amplifier

• Input Sensitivity for Amplifier only: 52mV RMS @ 5V, 125mV RMS @ 9 - 12V

• Input Sensitivity for Amplifier & Pre-amplifier: 2mV RMS @ 5V, 5mV RMS @ 9 - 12V

• Quiescent current: 2mA (Pre-amplifier) + 30-60mA (Amplifier)

• Standby current: 2mA (Pre-amplifier) + 1-10uA (Amplifier)

• PCB: 101x41mm

Note: Optional 10kohm potentiometer for external volume control use RP-7610

So firstly radio face with switches

IMG_0705_zpsnrz9xbar.jpg

This is what it looks like with the radio off the pack

IMG_0700_zpsdhirgoyq.jpg

SD card player

product2_16012_zpsxncqxbgx.jpg

Amp with wiring to batteries

IMG_0702_zpsspvx48vf.jpg

This is the voltage reg, can be set to voltage required

IMG_0703_zpsrxdnfxfs.jpg

Cheers

Having the amp brings the volume up a long way,

I can't always hear it when there is a big crowd but can hear it when the crowd noise dies down ( and that with bucket on fan running)

Only draw back I've noticed is you get a lot of folks taking photos of your back!! Lol

Cheers

Glad you like

That's a really cool radio set-up! I'm not that savvy at electronics. I'll probably keep it real simple and download the radio chatter to my old iPod and connect it to some small iPod speakers. I have some small hinges laying around. I may use those to make a "trap door" on the back of a seed tray and just stick it all in there. Keep coming with the ideas though. Great stuff!!

Here's a thought.....has anyone ever tried putting together their seed boxes PandaTrooper's seamless method, but using 550/paracord and drawstring toggles like:

$(KGrHqJ,!iIFClS4oV-IBQ8T2EwuMQ~~60_35.J

I was thinking about how I could get the player and speakers in a seed box and have relatively easy access to it. Not sure how secure it would be though. Maybe a hybrid of both? bottom part of the seed tray secured with zip ties and then the top portion with the cord and toggle so you could crack open the top of the box for access??

i make it simple:

using inside the radio a portable Bluetooth speaker and an Old iphone3 in one of my pouches.

in and outcomming power is raaaaw :-)

put some sounds in the phine and Press the red Button ;-))

I just looked at that Bluetooth speaker, above, and you don't even need your phone because it has a mini-card in it that you can load the "music" to. Only $14 on Amazon right now, as well.

Really?? I didn't even look at it that close. Just set it up real quick on my lunch break. I'll have to check that out when I get home.