Deployment Officer

DirtyBoy

Hello Troopers,

Today I bring to you the newest development within the world of the Mos Eisley Police Department. Effective immediately Ben "Sand Devil" has stepped out of the training program of "Deployment Officer"....sadly the amount of time required for the position is not conducive to the requirements of being a new father. Ben has a newborn in his home and after shadowing Scribbler and doing mock up approvals, there's just not enough time to balance it all. Family and real life first troops....I never want anyone to feel like they have to sacrifice their home life to do a volunteer job with the squad....very similar to what happened with Juan....sometimes we gotta do what we gotta do.... We definitely wish him well with his new family.

The exciting part of this message is we will be selecting a new Deployment Officer....this time I would like troopers to reach out to me with what they can bring to the table or who they'd like to see in the position....We need the history with the squad/legion, how you feel the deployment process will benefit with you at the desk, etc etc....

This is new ground for us since the deployment officer has always been promoted based on the recommendations of the previous DO but if any squad can step up, it's you guys!!! Let's get this done asap so our recruits aren't stuck waiting for reviews. Just kidding, Scribbler is doing double duty for now.

That is all.....Move along, Move along....

Rick,

Thank you for the opportunity and time I was able to spend learning from Mike. I know politics, personal agendas and egos sometimes get in the way, but this wasn't one of those times. I am humbled that past DO Mike thought of me and you guys wanted to give me a chance. The MEPD has always been my first home for the 501st. I love this detachment and the members in it. I know it just wouldn't be fare to them to try and balance DO responsibilities and home. I owe it to the new members trying to get deployed to let you select someone with the time, temperament, and detail to get our fellow members deployed and recognized for their dedication to such a great group. Thank you again for the opportunity and understanding. What a great way to select the next DO and thanks for your leadership. Now back to the little jawa. She is demanding another bottle.

@ Ben - Much respect and support to you, Brother! Thanks again for your time and hard work in the planning and mapping out of the direction for a seamless transition. Even it was just for a week! It was much appreciated.

I'm sure a worthy Trooper will be ready to take reins and the challenge! The MEPD has always been represented by the finest! :td::thumbsup:

I would like to formally express my interest in the DO position.

As you may recall I applied for this role the last time the position came up - so this should prove my interest!

I have been a member of the 501st UK Garrison since 2001. I have always trooped as a sandtrooper and I built my first armour kit which I had imported from Costume junkie. This kit was of course Armor FX which was pretty much the only available armour back then. We had to learn on our own how to build and modify this kit to make it "trooperble" yet accurate, and this is where it all started for me!

During my time I have built several armour kits including Armor FX, Movie FX, CAP, TE2, RS, and TM (TM himself said about my recent builds "One of the best Sandtroopers I've seen"). All of which ended up being TD's. This has in turn taught me a lot about building and modifying armour, so much so that I am an armourer for Sandtroopers in the UK garrison. This role requires me to review and advise new and experienced members to build a Sandtrooper up to the high standards of the garrison. I later co-created the Britannia patrol for the MEPD/UKG.

I am an active member of the MEPD and have co-written several issues of the newsletter, including the first joint MEPD/FISD newsletter.

I was very recently made the chief armourer within the MEPD and plan to have detachment armourers put in place for their respected garrisons very soon. I see the DO position as an extension of this role, and since I have been entrusted with it, I feel that I can be trusted in the position of DO.

I can provide the time, attention, experience and enthusiasm required for the DO role and would love to be given the opportunity to prove this.

I do not pretend to know everything about Sandtrooper armour, but I know enough to be the 1st UK trooper cleared for SWAT.

I would expect and hope to learn a lot more through this role - this would be beneficial for both the MEPD and myself.

Thank you for the opportunity.

Move along, move along

I always looked at Brad as my role model not just for the accuracy and attention to details on his armor and other builds but also for his approachability on the board and at the events.
This is going to be a time consuming task and I know that with his dedication will be able to step in on that high line traced by Mike (Scribbler).
Brad you got my vote too.

@ Smally - With your vast knowledge of the Sandtrooper Canon and the fact that you have been SWAT activated also definitely makes you a perfect candidate for the position, Brother! Your time and experience over the years will only help you in completing the tasks that are laid out before you with this title. You have my support as well, Brad. Good luck! :td::thumbsup:

Brad's dedication to the dirty cause has clearly touched many.. Wait, that doesn't sound right. Brad's commitment to helping people get outta their clothes and put on plastic.... No, hang on. I remember when Brad first showed me his helmet.. I give up. Got nothing to say about this guy. Except I too support his nomination for ...what we talking about again ? Well whatever it is. He's the guy. Even though I am better than him in all aspects of life. Even his dog likes to take a bite out of my... Oh, he got the job ? Well okay then. I'll shudup