Bluey's 2015 ATA Stop That Ship Build

FIVE

Well, it has begun. I've got armor in hand and am building away. Bucket is already assembled.

Before you ask... yes, I'm going for SWAT with this. That's the plan. Since I've already been deployed as an Officer you can forego telling me all the things I'll "have to do first" to get Officer status. B)

This is my second set of ATA armor but really it's like it's my first because my other set was sold before I did anything to it... and I must say, WOW! I can't believe the quality of plastic and the sharpness of the pulls. It's just insanely good!

So... here are pics — these are probably especially good for you all who wonder what the ATA armor pieces look like.

i-qpT9qqG-L.jpgi-jCNhSxK-L.jpgi-FdQ3xSt-L.jpgi-23DGQPq-L.jpgi-77sSqdd-L.jpgi-m6Z2JW2-L.jpgi-G7zVsj9-L.jpgi-pBSgT48-L.jpgi-28tXzBL-L.jpgi-frT9KVL-L.jpgi-NvQNvsd-L.jpgi-sn5HvcC-L.jpgi-mVfjCtK-L.jpgi-pMdRWS8-L.jpgi-whMTNW5-L.jpg

Hey Noel...old house.... :P

nice to see that you'll assmble a new sandi build :peace: ...and of course, the 'stop that ship' is a cool sandtrooper all the way :thumbsup::td:

Especially the paint on the helmet. I've some time ago made and painted such a helmet for a good buddy. Here's the result(but still without the dirt details)Sry...I've no better pics of them--->>

IMG_0840.jpg

1185724_217949338361354_733318320_n_zpsc

• 2 months later...

Okay brothers... I've gotten a lot done — next part is strapping and then weathering. Here are a few update pics.

All my armor trimmed.

i-6Gs8HkS-M.jpg

Making the "groove" in the long rectangle on the ab plate.

i-jDnHqMb-M.jpgi-BWS3Ltr-M.jpgi-Wtp3wxD-M.jpg

Making the "circle" on the big ab plate square.

i-zHKV2JS-M.jpgi-tpdV3MQ-M.jpgi-qDpsRGn-M.jpgi-6P8vTJh-M.jpgi-zzvmGcL-M.jpg

Finishing strips glued, clamped and drying.

i-t3Qd3W8-M.jpg

What kind of strapping are you going to use?

=============================

I've got Troopermaster's kit with the screws and such for outward appearance — even though you never see those on the "Stop that Ship" I'm adding them... just like the other details on the ab plate aren't seen but I added. B)

Wow. I love your improvement on the ab detail. This always bugged me with ata. I think about doing this modification to my armor as well. Looks much better!

================================================

Thanks!

I also modded the top of the left thigh to have the "notch".

I simply cut out the notch, then "curved" the new return edge using the craft iron. B)

i-m2ZVPtm-L.jpg

I love it when the strapping is done to a point you can put the armor all together and hang it. Only a few more finishing touches before I'm ready to weather the armor... sand that is... Tatooine... Dewback patrols.

i-m5qzS26.jpg

Looking great Noel. I'm jealous you caught up on me so fast. Haha experience shows. I guess. I'm just a newbie :)

===========================================

Yes... I've done it a "few" times at least... haha

You'll get faster. B)