MEPD EXPLORERS

DirtyBoy

Here's a new and fun program that we can go live with providing there is enough interest. It would be the youth mos eisley police department. Here in the US we have programs set up with local law enforcement that provides youths with training, ride alongs, etc etc on most things police. This would essentially be the same thing for kids. The goal would be to get them set up with accurate builds and get them approved as mini TDs....if course it would not be legion recognized but could provide them with a fun place to showcase their armor and accessories while setting them up for a future within the legion. Their ID number would be something like for example: my sons name is Derek Bates and my legion Id is TD4401 so my sons Id would be DB-TD4401 or something like that.

Thoughts?

Now this is a program that has gotten awesome written all over it. I love to see this come to life and see mini TD's popping up around the globe.

My son is 5 but he loves the sandtrooper costume and maybe I can get him even more enthousiastic about it.

So this program has a big thumbs up from me Boss!!

As some already know, I did a build with a friend of mine for his son, vac formed the whole armor except the helmet.

Now he's part of the Galactic Academy, CTD-0774. A job well done I would say.

10712889_702638469785039_715633456811639

I would LOVE to do this with my boy, but he's 11 going on 12 in July and is too big for Walt's kits and too small for an adult kit. I wish there was an alternative kit out there. He's not a big kid at all. In fact he's a beanpole at around 75-78 pounds. I like the idea for those of us with kiddos.

I know I'm not MEPD deployed, but if I may add an idea........... As far as the ID thing goes, I would think for uniformity sake, why not have the adult's approved TD-number with a "c" suffix on it? For instance when I get approved, I'd be TD-2311. If my boy got a kit done, TKc-2311. The "c" being for Cadet.

Just a thought.

I like that idea. Have you ever considered doing a hybrid kit? Part walts and the forearms and shins an adult set....

I think I'd need to see a Walt kit in real life and see what parts would work and what wouldn't. That might work though.

Anyone in SoCal with one?? Hit me up on PM so we don't derail this subject.

Is this something where everyone under 18 can join or only relatives to members? The ID-solutions suggested above rely on the person having an already approved parent or relative. I'd suggest that they simply get a new abbreviation like the one already suggested (TKc) and then are allowed to choose any new number? :)

Otherwise I think this is a great idea. I myself had to wait half a year before i could submit so I know how hard that wait is. Let us give them something to do meanwhile! :)

Love this idea!

It's certainly something that could go over really well and add a lot to us as a group — not to mention get kids ready to join up when they get old enough. B)

Good question on the children of active members thing. Maybe we should make sure they are at least "sponsored" by a member. For example someone who is 15 could reach out to the armorer in their area for sponsorship. If their parent is an active member they would be sponsored by their parent.

Thoughts?

I think that the Galactic Academy is the place to start for our youngests. They will get the the C for Cadet followed by the abbreviation for the armor they have. So CTD for a sandtrooper cadet.

We ourselves could add something MEPD related to it like "Deputy" or something similar as they aren't deployed or SWAT.

Just check this out for more info:

http://galactic-academy.com/memberlist.php

Wow, l have to say this is an awesome idea. My girlfriend and I have taken in her 2yr old nephew and already he is very interested in Star Wars Rebels on tv, as well as his uncles TD build. What better way for a child to learn about team work and building a skill level in something he can share with family and friends. I'm all for it!

That's so cool! Thanks Dutchy for informing me about this! I had no idea that this already existed :woot::woot:

I think it is a great idea with the deputy thingy. Would it be possible to maybe giving them an own section on the forum where kids armor can be discussion, build threads stored and show ofs etc.?