Building a Sandtrooper costume - looking for tips

SRGolladay

I just received my RS Prop Masters costume and will begin building my Sandtrooper shortly. Can anyone recommend a video on youtube or does someone have a set of instructions in building this to SWAT standards? I plan on reaching out to RS for help which they said they provide but I also want to build this to the highest standards. This will be my 2nd costume I've built so I have an idea of what I'm preparing to do but I want to do this right the first time and try to avoid having to fix mistakes.

I have quite a bit of Zap a Gap, rivets, and I ordered the box of extra's from RS needed in putting this thing together so I believe I'm ready. Anyone have anything related to do's and don'ts for a Sandtrooper they can share?

thanks

Scott Golladay

Hi Scott,

I would say the videos on Trooperbay would be a big help:

http://trooperbay.com/videos/assemble-accurate-stormtrooper-armor/

The armor shown in the videos was submitted for SWAT approval. The strapping system shown in the video may or may not be the way you want to go. Part of it will depend on which trooper you decide to emulate as-far-as weathering goes.

Hey Scott, I would definitely take a look at the SWAT build threads here, to get a feel of how they are put together properly. Do you have a specific trooper you're emulating ? Thats important too. Mike from Trooperbay http://trooperbay.co...mtrooper-armor/ has a bunch of awesome videos you could watch on how to build your trooper also. Pandatrooper has a cool build thread also. I would caution you on using zap a gap unless your used to building these kits. Try to use e-6000 when possible. I know RS is not cheap armor. Do your research and read read read, most of all, take your time and have fun. :yes::thumbsup:

The sand trooper I picked is a captain called docking bay 94V2 tuck and roll. I built a costume before but not to swat standards and the build packet from RS prop masters came with a lot of little flat head screws and other things I've never seen before so I want to get it right and that's why I was hoping to find instructions or video from swat that will keep it correct. Will definitely check out that thread you just attached thank you.