td-8821's weathering

Robster

i used fullers earth raw umber and 2 to 3 sponge squares, what i do is put some fullers in a small bowl, use one of the sponges(dipped into the raw umber) to apply it on the helmet then quickly use the other sponges to lighten and spread the fullers to my liking.

hope this helps,

rob.

Nice white bumps. I'm doing the cantina sergeant as well. I would think you need a bit more weathering. Pull up the shots of the TD's behind the scenes and try to mimick the patterns of weathering for that particular trooper. That is if your going for SWAT . They switched the armor quite a bit so do the best you can tracking it down.

Also check the other SWAT threads for the cantina sergeant , my thread has some nice photos as well.

Good luck.

@sandtrooper, yes they are dry, when my weathering is finished then i add the hairspray to help it stick to the helmet. hope that helps:)

@cantina Secuirty. thank you, i will check out your thread:) i did find this pic as a reference i will use to weather the helmet.

Armor_01.jpg

@ my brother Raintrooper, it is hand painted hdpe.

That is a good reference for "look sir droids" notice the colored ear bumps. I think the Cantina Security Sergeant is a bit lighter in weathering. Just a bit. Just my opinion of course , but the flame pattern on the head is Davin Felth, so, him being the White Pauldron trooper in the cantina, one would think it should be this helmet.... But alas, I don't think it was. Where they swaped armor so much, it's hard to say who had what in some scenes. We will figure it out. I like the photo of the TDs with the helmets off, by the dew back. That one really let's you see the individual sets of armor side by side and compare weathering patterns.

Pm incoming.

Patterns are looking good rob. Hard to tell the true nature of the weathering based on the light. I found the best pictures are in natural light....not sunny or dark....early morning shots. You've come a long way my friend...congrats on keeping the hunt alive.