Backpack

Mr BoJangles

Given that picture, one would think the only additional requirements would be dirt and ammo pouches. All Sandtroopers have that... everything else is iffy.

(not including the non-things like drop boxes, tear drop lines, etc.)

So from my understanding is that MEPD has a stricter requirements than the 501st?

I always thought that MEPD is a 501st detachment and all TDs can be channeled into MEPD without any other requirements. Please correct me if I'm wrong since I am a noob.

It always makes me scratch my head when this topic comes up. For the life of me, I just don't understand the MEPD requirements. Screen accuracy is set to the side for some sort of idealized idea of what a sandtrooper "should be." I guess to each his own, but I will never understand it.

Currently, the only 501st requirements for a TD designation are a pauldron and dirt. We require the whole nine yards for MEPD deployment. (lengthy explanation here) > http://www.mepd.net/require/index.htm

I would like to be a member of MEPD. But i dont have a back pack yet. I have been wating for screen accurate back pack kit. Nothing so fare, but soon i hope!. Other wise i got every thing: AP TD armor, domond knee, pauldon, mg34, e-11 ex. So when i got me a back pack i would like to join the family

It always makes me scratch my head when this topic comes up. For the life of me, I just don't understand the MEPD requirements. Screen accuracy is set to the side for some sort of idealized idea of what a sandtrooper "should be." I guess to each his own, but I will never understand it.

Well, I didn't make them up, but here is my take on them; get together all the gear per specs to get "deployed" and then troop however you want. (or just hang out on the message board, it's public anyway ) The MEPD not only uses an "idealized" configuration for deployment, but it also ignores the SE. Don't ask me who came up with them in the first place, but if we toss out the backpack, you have to toss out the pauldron, and bfg. What's left at that point doesn't give you much to talk about. I think the only solution to the quandry is to do away with "deployment", and keep the message board devoted to discussing sandtrooper configurations of all kinds. Hmmm.

RIGHT!

i´m still no deployed as i am waiting for some accurate backpack parts, but i´m completly with seth!

while i don´t think that a backpack is a requirement for a sandtrooper i accept that it´s up to the detachment leaders to make this a neccesary item to be deployed. you know how many sandtroopers don´t wear a backpack in the 501st, including me right now.

but IMO a "real" sandtrooper should at least have a backpack even if he will not wear it on patrouling the city....

you want to serve the empire? you need to be prepared for every situation!

you wanne be the only without a backpack the day the and come and visit this territory? NOOOOOO!

Gasp! You didn't put the TK ab-plate on yet did you?

Kidding, man. I'm sure you didn't.

**** nooooo mannn. Great joke by the way. Have a nice day trooper.

Well, I didn't make them up, but here is my take on them; get together all the gear per specs to get "deployed" and then troop however you want. (or just hang out on the message board, it's public anyway ) The MEPD not only uses an "idealized" configuration for deployment, but it also ignores the SE. Don't ask me who came up with them in the first place, but if we toss out the backpack, you have to toss out the pauldron, and bfg. What's left at that point doesn't give you much to talk about. I think the only solution to the quandry is to do away with "deployment", and keep the message board devoted to discussing sandtrooper configurations of all kinds. Hmmm.
Copy that. Ill get the pack a join MEPD, so far is GREAT! to be on the board.

BTW, out of curiousity....who came out with the backpack requirement to join the MEPD?

I just hope it is not the "Joe the Moose" . I will smack him in the head the next time I see him J/K Joe.........

Are there any specific requirements for what should go into a Sandtrooper backpack. I've seen many variations on the homebuilt ones, and I was wondering if there was a list of "must-have" components in order to have a qualifying backpack. I guess this would go towards the Legion Costuming Requirements as well.

Does the Detachment propose to itemize a list of what is required to make an acceptable TD/MEPD backpack? Is a radio box required? Is a "mortar tube" required? Are the two different colors (black and grayish/blue) required? These seem to be the most obvious components apart from the main boxes. How much leeway does one have? For instance, I am envisioning an antenna on the left side of mine, and would ultimately like to wire a strobe or LED light at the top of it for nighttime operations. Is this cool, or am I getting into the "expanded universe"/ non-canon territory?

My current one is like this and it's supposed to be ok, but I still not deployed (hmmm, might be on to something )

I think you have room for custom stuff, I've seen a lot of variation. Recently everyone's been on the movie packs, but I don't think it's a requirement.

But in no way do I speak for the MEPD

The battery boxes must've fallen off the back of the turnip truck

Here's mine. I still have 2 or 3 more pieces to attach

Posted Image

(excuse the messy shed/workshop in the background)