Feedback for an aspiring UK based Cantina Captain! (pic heavy)

andrewwalker33

Hi Everyone, I'm Andy based in Northants in the UK. I have a WIP posted on the UKG but thought I would put together a thread over here to try and obtain some feedback.

Its been a long journey with lots of mistakes made (and some expensive ones!) its been a labour of love though and I am getting to the point where its the finer detail that I need to take care with. Any advice you can give would be greatly appreciated - I am especially requesting feedback on:

1. Bee stinger assembly - just finishing, this will be added shortly and photos added.
2. Weathering of backpack - reference shots make it appear pretty clean but I was going to use some spray mount and modelling sand to leave debris in all the crevices....
3. I haven't added a lab pipe as yet (I am going for Cantina Captain) could anybody direct me to dimensions and exact location on the pack please? Do I also need to add wire round radio and black tape on the boxes for clearance?
4. How is the weathering on the armour? I have stuck to just one pigment of raw umber - dark on boots and calves then got lighter up the armour. I also think I should put more on thighs to even up the colour (although this doesn't look as different in natural light). Any more weathering techniques advisable?
CFE3DB1F-3155-427A-8390-4FF69DE2FC78_zpsD68C1839-4CF9-4536-96F7-D51CFD34FC4A_zps2F3DB05F-0756-41E6-90F6-FCF7D58A5985_zpsB4809F18-D260-4315-8848-2D338C315B01_zps13DE964A-D02B-4339-B39C-1CC3243F0191_zps50BF0E69-48CC-42A8-A319-BE2D95C31CC6_zps83FF53B3-14BB-420E-B7D2-2D21DFF0A142_zpsD19BC849-BFD8-4086-B897-820FD6479F35_zps0AAF5AF5-6109-49BE-BD6A-E278E443F2B6_zps594E65F4-4318-4762-AD4C-CF6916C868B9_zps8D6F2E6E-CDC2-4BF1-8D7A-C8285653FABE_zpsThanks for looking, I look forward to hearing from you all!!!
Cheers
Andy

Hi Andy,

First off, great choice on the new armour. One of the best out there as its a direct cast off of the original - awesome.

Personally I'd say you're done with the weathering at this stage.

As for the backpack weathering, go steady. Although weathering of any TD parts is personal we want to avoid going too heavy with it (as well as not enough). The good thing about the backpacks is that you don't have to apply much to be accurate. Again, I'd say that you're there with the amount you've already done.

The only thing I'd suggest you need to do at this stage is tone down the "tea stain" on your pauldron. Despite the name we give this, it's actually meant to replicate the sticker residue from where production crew removed a circular sticker from the motocross chest pad (pauldron) prior to filming. Due to the sandy/dusty environment in Tunisia, dirt got stuck in the residue and left the "tea stain"

A lot of people make this mistake and try to over compensate for how it appears on screen.

I'll get back to you with an approximate size of the lab pipe as I have one in my garage at home and I'm still at work at the moment, unless someone can answer in the mean time.

Looking forward to seeing your bee stinger on the pack. Just remember the metal brackets go on the outside of the container however wrong it feels!

• 1 month later...

After you get your Legion designation, let's get you squared away asap for standard MEPD Officer Deployment.

After that, we can pick you apart and build you back up properly for your chosen SWAT TD. (accurate weathering, mods, etc)

Very nice work so far! Good luck, Troop! :td: :thumbsup: