The Prodigal Trooper Returns

FIVE

I'm coming back to the 501st / MEPD!!

I'm a bit early now in because I don't have armor yet... but regardless of how long it takes I couldn't wait to say I'm coming back.

I also wanted to share with you the story of the last few years.

First off... I can't express how much this means to me to be coming back. I feel more like I'm "coming home" than I can explain... but I think you will all know exactly what I mean. I have toyed with doing armor again over the past year but I wasn't going to do it until I knew I was ready because I wanted to be READY.

Back when I was so involved here on the MEPD and was leading and doing and talking... back when I helped make up SWAT and posted 100 times a day and blah blah blah... life was good in the costuming world and especially in the 501st. Then a couple of things happened, sort of all at once, that caused a "perfect storm" and ended up leading me to leave the Legion for a time: one of my biggest regrets of my entire life. I got involved in some other costuming things and with some people that almost ruined my desire to costume completly. It ended up being literally years of bad costuming drama, that very, VERY toxic "friendship" and having to get my mind uncluttered of all of that before I was ready to step back into armor.

I am thankful I knew I needed to stay away from the 501st, or was just "kept" from coming back by some "Force", because I didn't want to "taint" the wonderful memories and reality of the MEPD and 501st with anything "costume related" I was going through.

There's a lot more to it than that. I mean there are reasons why things happened the way they did a step at a time and all along the way. But that's the crux of it. And... I say ALL of that to say I am finally ready to step back in!

I hope to build back up my usefulness and presence over time here especially and I'm very much looking forward to getting involved again to a big degree in my local Garrison.

I will let you know then and will be posting armor builds and such as soon as it happens — and yes, I'm HOPING to go for the illustrious SWAT designation. But for now I just wanted to — really NEEDED to — tell you guys.

I've missed you all a bunch and am literally almost in tears at the thought of returning. :)B)

Noel

TD-8541

*sand gets stuck in your soul

Well, Noel, it's very good to see you back. Glad also that some past bad experiences haven't ruined your passion for the 501st and the MEPD. You can be proud of the community you helped create here at the MEPD since it is one of the most supportive, helpful places in the 501st.

A warm welcome back and merry Christmas to you!

Welcome back Bluey. I'm sort of in the same boat myself so I can relate. Was part of the 501st back in the 2002-03 time frame, but when the war started I was still active duty USMC. So needless to say got a bit distracted. Even more so with the birth of my son after I returned home. I ended up doing other things for many years. This past year I've come back to costuming and I'm looking forward to completing my Sandy. Soooooooo much has changed and there are so many more resources now on doing this correctly. Sounds like you were the type of person who contributed to that.

AWESOME ! Welcome back, Bluey! :yes:

We knew you couldn't stay away from us too long, Brother! :td: :thumbsup:

@ Marcus - Looking forward to seeing you back in armor and marching proud with the SCG once again! Also, a belated congrats on your latest addition to the family and thanks again for your service with the USMC! :salute:

AWESOME ! Welcome back, Bluey! :yes:

We knew you couldn't stay away from us too long, Brother! :td: :thumbsup:

Thanks so much man! That's means a lot coming from you for sure!

It's good to be home. B)

Hey Bluey!!! It's great to see you back here. Things height have changed a bit, but everything is still the same. ;)

It makes me happy to see a good friend and brother come back. You know I consider we have some special link in our costuming/MEPD/Sandtrooper experience.

Congrats and get to work soon, a Sandtrooper can't be without his armor for too long.

See you here.

Saludos.

Hey Bluey!!! It's great to see you back here. Things height have changed a bit, but everything is still the same. ;)It makes me happy to see a good friend and brother come back. You know I consider we have some special link in our costuming/MEPD/Sandtrooper experience.Congrats and get to work soon, a Sandtrooper can't be without his armor for too long. See you here. Saludos.

Thanks my brother (and everyone else!)

It warms my sandy heart that everything seems to have been rolling along smoothly during my hiatus.

I totally agree... the bond we have as sandtroopers is like friendship times infinity!

I'm just so happy to be starting again! To be HERE again!!

We all knew you'd be back one day mate, a massive welcome back Noel!

Haha... I know, everyone keeps saying that! I think I always knew it too. Thanks for waiting on me and everyone not running off and joining the clones. :D hahaha

Haha... I know, everyone keeps saying that! I think I always knew it too. Thanks for waiting on me and everyone not running off and joining the clones. :D hahaha

I did get a TK armor you know. But then, you did too.

Anyway, Sandtrooper for ever!!!

Saludos.

Traitors will be dealt with accordingly.

I wrote a lot but kept deleting as it kept coming across as overly sentimental. It's truly hard for me to express my joy in the purest terms. The best thing I can say is from the heart "Welcome Home!".

God bless you Noel, it's great to see you again.

I wrote a lot but kept deleting as it kept coming across as overly sentimental. It's truly hard for me to express my joy in the purest terms. The best thing I can say is from the heart "Welcome Home!".

God bless you Noel, it's great to see you again.

B):D That rocks brother. Thanks so much!!!

And again... thanks to you all!!