My Progress So Far

BroadSword

Yeah, I had snaps on my TE2 belt. It was a great way to do it.

It's looking good so far though!

Have you thought of modding your chest plate so that it's a bit smaller / more accurate?

Like this...

i-Jvkt8rn-M.jpg

Yeah, I had snaps on my TE2 belt. It was a great way to do it.It's looking good so far though!Have you thought of modding your chest plate so that it's a bit smaller / more accurate?Like this...i-Jvkt8rn-M.jpg

I actually do have the two snaps on the sides, I guess I need a third in the center. As to the chest plate, yes, it does need to be trimmed. I think I need a heat sealing iron to make the return edge right? That part makes me a bit nervous. Seems like it could go really wrong if I mess it up.

Someone could measure it I'm sure, but it'd be different on the FX (that is the kit you have, right?)

I actually think there's a thread on here about modding it.... or on the FISD....

Here's one good reference...

And here's Pandatrooper's modding an AM kit — I'd say it's good reference for cutting an FX as they're both too big.

Finally one more on creating the return edge.

Like I said it's scarier to think about it than it is to do it. B)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Weathering looks quite good I think, personally I'd prefer it a little dirtier :)

Are you going for a particular trooper at all?

No trooper in particular. I'm not hitting too hard with weathering just yet. Figured it's easier to add then take off. I'm using a hybrid approach of PandaTroopers tutorial and the use of real dirt/sand.

Got my bucket done for the most part. Painted and weathered (still need to get white paint for screws). I'll be the first one to admit, I'm no painter but I wanted the hand painted look. Any feed back would be great.

IMG_1976_zpsi5h1ca1s.jpg

IMG_1977_zpsup7pbxhb.jpg

IMG_1978_zpslxb9p6pu.jpg

IMG_1979_zps7ksb1dnh.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I had snaps on my TE2 belt. It was a great way to do it.

It's looking good so far though!

Have you thought of modding your chest plate so that it's a bit smaller / more accurate?

Like this...

i-Jvkt8rn-M.jpg

What are some suggestions for the best way to do the cutting on the chest plate? Lexan scissors? Score and snap??? I'll be doing that in the next couple days and want to hear your ideas.

Ok this is a tough mod to do and will be a visual point on your gear. I personally would cut as much out of the top as I could before doing the bottom. It'll be somewhat hidden under your pauldron and pouch. When I did mine I used a stationary belt sander.

Ok this is a tough mod to do and will be a visual point on your gear. I personally would cut as much out of the top as I could before doing the bottom. It'll be somewhat hidden under your pauldron and pouch. When I did mine I used a stationary belt sander.

That's brilliant!