Thighs

Caomhanach

I am looking at updating my armor, and noticed that the bottom of the thighs are fairly wide. I had glued the front and back together as a single piece, and bottom of the thigh just above the knee is wide as I had to get my feet through. So my question is, do people glue the back of their thighs together? If not what do you do? Do you use elastic like the calf pieces?

What I did is sized them in a taper towards the knees. I glued them (as you did), and put a coverstrip on. They are snug but not tight. I can get my foot (without boot) through them. When I dress out, I start with the thighs: I slip them on and leave them at my shins so I can get my boots on (can't bend my legs right in place). Once the boots are on, I slide the thighs into place and then put the shins on. Works for me.

I've glued mine and they slide on easily. But it also depends on what armor make you have, some are more cilindrically shaped as others are more tapered like the original ones.

Here you clearly can see the difference between different armor makes, mine and a fellow TD of my Garrison.

Sadly the right one has a piece that has chipped off..

10440758_700318753382480_773372016830583

I always glue mine all the way down — or rivet them. haha

My foot always goes through easily enough without boots. You're talking about without boots, right?

But yeah, there are different ways to do it. Dutchy does it a way I've seen a lot of other guys (dirty and not) do it.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, always without boots... They always looked wide in comparison to my knees... I have old FX armor that I originally just glued together... Since then I broke the seam and heated/tapered them down to be narrower at the bottom then re-glued... I just wanted to know what other options there were: Fully glued? Elastic? etc...

The thing with FX armor is that it as some sort of lip running down on the back of the thigh and logic makes us try Tio make the lips fit.

What I did with my old fx was to cut off that lip and just make it fit wider on the top and tighter on the bottom. Playing with the back seems and making the from look as perfect as possible. Then glued a strip over the sim on the back.

You can make it work kind of easily.

And feet should pass easily through it. Can't imagine feet so big that they could not pass through that kind of holes.

Hope it helps.

Saludos.