ATA ab plate mods

bdgr

• 2 weeks later...

There are many troopers that are SWAT and do not have these modifications. How come?

Dutchy is right. If you don't see it on the film for your trooper you don't have to have it.

For example, I'm probably using ATA for my "Stop This Ship" build I won't have to have the "dent" in the long rectangle because you never see it on his armor in the film. He's covering it with his gun. B)

See?

i-pSRjL2d-L.png

I helped create the SWAT program with that very idea in mind. The object is to copy what's on screen... NOT what we "know" is on the armor. Otherwise you're copying strapping and stuff.

That help?

Yes. The idea is to copy what we see on screen for a specific trooper in a specific scene. But truth is, most swat troopers have done that and more, modifying the armor how they think it should based on the overall knowledge we have on armor.

So, if you study the submission threads progressively, you will see how things change from one to the next one. Because everyone wants to go a bit further. So the swat requirements are now almost guidelines cause most submissions go further.

I think Bluey got it right (in a post I can't seem to find now) by saying he would make the mods even if we can't see it on screen.

For me that is both the swat program (what we see) and the swat attitude (what we actually achieve).

Btw, I modes my armors an plate using a lighter to heat the plate from behind and then gently pushing a AA battery into it to get the dimple. Then used the bit on the other side of the battery to push the simple back from the front and get the little hole on the middle of it.

You can see that and others structural mods made to my TE2 armor on my Swat thread.

Isn't this program awesome?!

Saludos.

Btw, I modes my armors an plate using a lighter to heat the plate from behind and then gently pushing a AA battery into it to get the dimple. Then used the bit on the other side of the battery to push the simple back from the front and get the little hole on the middle of it. You can see that and others structural mods made to my TE2 armor on my Swat thread. Isn't this program awesome?!Saludos.
THAT is an AWESOME tip!!!! And, yes! I love this program!!! :salute:

Btw, I modes my armors an plate using a lighter to heat the plate from behind and then gently pushing a AA battery into it to get the dimple. Then used the bit on the other side of the battery to push the simple back from the front and get the little hole on the middle of it.

You can see that and others structural mods made to my TE2 armor on my Swat thread.

Isn't this program awesome?!

Saludos.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

iconoclasta_88,

That is a fantastic "what someone has actually done" tip and is exactly what I was looking for when I started this thread. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...