ATA ab plate mods

bdgr

I have an ATA ab plate, which is missing the circular protruding detail and the thin notch indentation on the bottom rectangle that has the 3 circles (Please see below images:)

AbReference_zps06952dcc.jpg

Abplatemarkup_zps8f545324.jpg

I'm building my Sandtrooper for potential SWAT application, so I was wondering if anyone has ever tried to physically modify their ab plate by heating up a washer and pressing it from the back side to create the circular protrusion? I've seen this technique for creating TK belt rivet covers, but there is really less risk for TKs, since it is done on a piece of scrap ABS versus the actual armor. I'm a little worried about ruining my ab plate, so I wanted to see if others have successfully done it. Or should I not take the risk and just paint a washer white and glue it onto the ab plate? I'm also a little hesitant on doing that, since I think it won't look very good, even after weathering. Thoughts?

The same with creating the indentation feature by heating up something metal and pressing it against the spot to create the indentation. What have others done? Thanks in advance.

The litle thing on the center box being a rivet is correct. How the other indentation originated isn't clear for me ether but it's there, maybe someone else can chime in on this question..

But an easy/ cheap way to recreate it is to heat the spot up a bit and use a screwdriver to recreate it.

Or choose the expensive way and buy a correct one.

Hope this helps a bit! :thumbsup::td:

You can just use a white head rivet..it blends in just fine..

Or if you need just a new cod peice shoot me a pm

---------------------------------------------------------------

But do you have any idea of the flange size of the white head rivet? You can get rivets in different flange head sizes. The rivets I already have seem to have flange heads that look too small (~ 6mm).

you guys think that the notch on the side button strip is necessary? mine does not have since it was a TK, I am little scared to try to mod that if I do0 not have to..... my armor is old, 1999 old.... also if I have to, how would I go about doing it? the buttons are already on, I took one off since a TD has 3 and a TK has 4... any help or ideas?

you guys think that the notch on the side button strip is necessary? mine does not have since it was a TK, I am little scared to try to mod that if I do0 not have to..... my armor is old, 1999 old.... also if I have to, how would I go about doing it? the buttons are already on, I took one off since a TD has 3 and a TK has 4... any help or ideas?

I'm assuming if one is trying to go for SWAT, it would be necessary since we know the Sandtroopers had them. I started this thread to see if anyone has specifically made the two ab plate mods (e.g. circular bump and notch indentation) and if they were successful with heating up something metal and creating the missing details. Similar to you, I'm a little hesitant and don't want to ruin my ab plate.