Small Spanish Pouch

So I picked up what was being sold as a Czech Vz24 Mauser Leather Ammo Pouch on ebay. It looked exactly the same as the small Spanish pouches posted on here so I took a gamble and bought it. Unfortunately the leather is so brittle that I pulled off the end of the front strap by accident. I'm confident I can repair it somehow and will look into restoring the leather.

It appears to be the exact same dimensions as I have seen posted on here and frankly the real weathering it has been through seems awesome to me (despite the leather being so brittle).

What do you guys think?

IMAG2669.jpg

IMAG2673.jpg

IMAG2674.jpg

IMAG2675.jpg

IMAG2676.jpg

IMAG2677.jpg

Also I managed to score a beige set of M39 canvas pouches for $11 on ebay. I just spray painted the one with the tool pouch black though I still need to weather it.

IMAG2678.jpg

Thanks. I think with shipping I got both for around $40 total.

So I attempted a fix on the end of the strap using some thin scrap leather I have and barge cement. Unfortunately the ball that you use to latch it so so large that it pull apart at the broken seams but at least it's on the bottom side and will stay closed now. Not sure how it will hold up over repeated use but eh. If it doesn't end up being utilitarian than oh well.

IMAG2684.jpg

IMAG2685.jpg

IMAG2688.jpg

IMAG2689.jpg

IMAG2690.jpg

I also went ahead and weathered my MP39 lightly brushing some acrylics on. The lighting in my house is terrible so I'll have to wait until day light to see how well it came out and get a decent picture.

IMAG2697.jpg

I knew about the stitching. I see what your saying about the squared off crease on the flap though. It looks like the same pattern was used. I wonder if that's because it's a thicker leather or something? Thanks!

You're more than welcome!

I myself think that the same design was used by all axis forces but the final product differed due to the fact that they were made by different manufacturers.

And the flaps of the spanish ones look to have been pressed into shape too.