What to use for 2" tube

Batphobic

PVC is too heavy to use on your backpack. Most folks use the 2" diameter black ABS piping that is available at some Lowes and most Menards in the USA. None of the Lowes in my area had it, but my local Menards had plenty.

http://www.menards.com/main/plumbing/rough-plumbing/pipe-tubing-fittings/pipe/abs-pipes/schedule-40-cellular-core-abs-dwv-pipe-2x5/p-1729862-c-8562.htm

Yes there is a light guage PVC as well, you can find this material at an irrigation supply house. PVC pipe is standard schedule 40, you can find heavier schedules and also the lighter schedule. If someone finds a pipe they like but needs new end caps and keypad it is very very esy to make vac form bucks for. LMK if interested, I like to make these from the pipes currently being utilized. I would go in on the pipe for section of it around 18" in length from which I could make bucks for end caps and keypad to fit specifically. Currently I have caps and pads for 2" sch 40 PVC and ABS (for mortar tube), as well as 2.5" (2-1/2") sch 40 PVC (for thermal det cannister). Good luck with your hunt!