Side Seam issues Kidney + Ab plate issues

Harp0

Hello Everyone!

I am working on my first piece of plastic spaceman armor. I've done the chest and back plates before having made a hard armor gunner, but I haven't had to work on an Ab & Kidney/Butt plates yet. After trimming out my three plates I did a test fitting and discovered this gap and issue. I was wondering what the common solution would be to my problems.

Purple area: Side seams do not line up at all and don't even come close to closing. Should I attempt the make the ab & kidney sides parallel and then fill the gap with a white piece of abs plastic that i have?

Red/Green Areas: I am taller than the average stormie which means my ab plate doesn't fit underneath of my chest armor AND accurately cover the crotch region. Are there any tips or tutorials somewhere on how to "lengthen" the Ab plate so that it fits taller people better?

o4HVA0r.jpg

Thank you in advance and I look forward to hearing your advice!

Can't really tell but is it possible your kidney plate is upside down?

The rest looks ok, if it's the right way up put it under the ab plate and trace the ab line if tgat makes sense!?

The ab looks rightish

Vincent McGann on Facebook if you need more 1 on 1 help ;)

Thank you for the idea! I was also speaking with Gazmosis off of the Whitearmor forums and he thinks the issue may be too much of a return edge is still left and that I need to trim it up some more. I'll try both out and see if that fixes it.

Update: I haven't tried trimming the return edges yet. Life has been busy at work. But here are some up-to-date images of my build so far. These were taken at work on Halloween.

P8wzebB.jpg

bCLbRcq.jpg

twxIKzU.jpg

Things I know I need to fix:

* Shoulder Bells need to be snapped to the shoulder straps. Current velcro keeps ripping off.

* Inner-Arm strap from upper-arm to fore arm needs to be run between them. As of right now they are both held in place with individual strapping/padding.

* Need to find a pair of the latex handguards. The abs ones are too stiff for my taste.

• 2 months later...

Been adding in the strapping system and I think I may be a little tall for ATA. As I was testing out my straps I discovered a nice sized gap between my back plate and kidney. I also find that my Ab plate still doesn't want to stay under my breastplate. So any suggestions on how to lengthen armor for a taller trooper?