Canteen Supplier in Indonesia

Bulldog44

After lots of research and stumbling over all sorts of strange online shops, I found a company in Indonesia that makes canteens exactly like the Gio Style canteens posted on this forum by another MEPD member.( sorry forgot his TD number)

Canteen:

http://www.lionstar.co.id/product-view/1424?lang=en

Contact info:

http://www.lionstar.co.id/contact-us

I am in possession of three of these vintage canteens and plan on making casts at some point but for pack builders like Quartermaster, Dirty Boy and Crashmann, etc. this will turn out to be an expensive add on to their packs and anyone else wanting one compared to the faucet covers. If casting them turns out to be the only option I will try to keep the cost of the canteens as low as possible but if the supplier I found is a cheaper route, then hopefully everyone can benefit from this.

I have contacted the company but they are not the quickest to reply to inquires. I had to send a few messages before they got back to me with information worth sharing. Since they are producing these canteens, they only sell them in large quantities. 24 canteens per case and I think it was around $2.50~$3.00 per canteen, but prices may have changed a bit since the last time they mailed me. Another catch is that they ship these cases in large 20ft. Or 40 ft shipping containers all over the world. So if you only want 24 canteens , then you have to pay the shipping cost of one of these container sizes. I am located in Japan and they quoted the cost at around $300.00 just to the port of Osaka, then it would need to clear customs(probably some import tax added) then shipping costs to my door or some pick up location near Tokyo. I would have to order a lot of canteens to make the whole deal worthwhile and cheap enough for people to afford.

One other concern is that I never dealt with this company before and wiring a bunch of cash to an untested source could prove risky not to mention where in the world would I store a few hundreds canteens? I don't think the demand for the canteens would justify purchasing that many canteens that would be piled to the ceiling for gosh knows how long. The company never answered me when asked them to send a sample to inspect which I said I was happy to pay for.

Perhaps some members here might have sources in Indonesia for coordinating the sale of these canteens or a middle man to get the ball rolling., I thought its best to get this information out there for the greater good of the Sandtrooper community.

If no one can follow this up, I will do my best to get these canteens available to you all. Worse comes to worse, I will start casting my vintage canteens but that is not such a bad option I would hope.

Let me know if you have any questions or ideas. My wish is that these canteens are made available as cheaply as possible if we can get our hands on them.

The newer canteens from Lionstar are called the Hunter Series and the Gio style canteens were from the Safari series. Probably the company acquired the molds for these products and just mass produce them all over again. I think the 600 ml size matches the screen bee stinger best but then sometimes the 1000ml looks like a fit too. I have found a few places on line who sell the 600 ml canteen in Egypt, Pakistan and Malaysia but they never respond to my mail so I am guess they do not ship internationally.

Sorry, massive post but lots to divulge.

Hope this information helps. Best of luck!post-5292-0-16731300-1415713478_thumb.jppost-5292-0-90054200-1415713647_thumb.jp

If they shipped cases airmail, I would have already ordered one but paying for a shipping container is above my normal cash flow.

Glad to see people already on the lookout. The company just recently attended a huge expo in Hong Kong. It's promising that they still produce the canteens.

Next time you talk to them mention that you are with the 501st (if you haven't already) and see if someone will make and extra trip to ship them to you through some normal method.

Also, you could try to contact these 501st members and see if any of them could help get a shipment to you:

http://www.501st.com/members/garrisonglance.php?garrisonId=87

It looks like a few of them are near the Lion Star address on the website.

• 1 year later...

:icon_eek::icon_eek::icon_eek:

Will look into it guys!!

Edit:

Can you guys view this?

They sell it for 56.400 rupiah for 1 canteen, and 51.400 rupiah for 12 canteens

Thats approx. will cost you $4.07 for 1, and $3.71 for 12 canteens outside s&h

I'll find some info tomorrow during work hour

I am the other member and I am in contact with the European supplier already which cares after custom fees and shipping costs for the part of the world.

I am selling the exactly same canteens at the best affordable price I could get from them and offering a fair price for all the members (bare postage stamp's costs added for international shipping).

I also have a mould of an original GioStyle style that I found on eBay with all the logos on it and I sell cast of it in sturdy Smooth-on D-65.

But believe me it's way harder and time consuming make only one per time than get the brand new ones.

:icon_eek::icon_eek::icon_eek:

Will look into it guys!!

Edit:

Can you guys view this?

They sell it for 56.400 rupiah for 1 canteen, and 51.400 rupiah for 12 canteens

Thats approx. will cost you $4.07 for 1, and $3.71 for 12 canteens outside s&h

I'll find some info tomorrow during work hour

Thank you Erik if you can look into this. I found the supplier last year but no luck getting anything shipped out unless it was a a whole shipping container full. Yeah, it is quite cheap for sure if we can get them.if you can buy any cheaply, please let me know. Would love to buy a few.

Good luck!

Please do message me if you have good news! Cheers!

By the way, yes I can open and view the web link you posted. But obviously the language is nothing I can read!

I am the other member and I am in contact with the European supplier already which cares after custom fees and shipping costs for the part of the world. I am selling the exactly same canteens at the best affordable price I could get from them and offering a fair price for all the members (bare postage stamp's costs added for international shipping). I also have a mould of an original GioStyle style that I found on eBay with all the logos on it and I sell cast of it in sturdy Smooth-on D-65. But believe me it's way harder and time consuming make only one per time than get the brand new ones.

Supplier for the Lion Star? That's great!

Can you compare the two when you get yours with the original Gio? I wonder if they had differences in sizes etc

Thank you Erik if you can look into this. I found the supplier last year but no luck getting anything shipped out unless it was a a whole shipping container full. Yeah, it is quite cheap for sure if we can get them.if you can buy any cheaply, please let me know. Would love to buy a few.

Good luck!

Please do message me if you have good news! Cheers!

By the way, yes I can open and view the web link you posted. But obviously the language is nothing I can read!

That link is one f the retailers i found online, and looks like its for real, i'm testing it by buying one first, still waiting for their confirmation for the availability then head for payment. Thanks for the info Brian! :dance:

If i got another supplier i'll be in touch, and see how they manage a overseas shipping or i'll send them myself.

And also if they're similar(except for the marking) with the original ones.

Sorry about the language :lol: , thought the website is available to translate with google

Be right back :dance:

Edit:

Just called one of the suppliers, they have 1 box of them, that's 6 dozens mind you :woot:

hopefully i can come and see it for myself this weekend

Supplier for the Lion Star? That's great!

Can you compare the two when you get yours with the original Gio? I wonder if they had differences in sizes etc

That link is one f the retailers i found online, and looks like its for real, i'm testing it by buying one first, still waiting for their confirmation for the availability then head for payment. Thanks for the info Brian! :dance:

If i got another supplier i'll be in touch, and see how they manage a overseas shipping or i'll send them myself.

And also if they're similar(except for the marking) with the original ones.

Sorry about the language :lol: , thought the website is available to translate with google

Be right back :dance:

Edit:

Just called one of the suppliers, they have 1 box of them, that's 6 dozens mind you :woot:

hopefully i can come and see it for myself this weekend

Thanks. Silly me, I always forget you can use google to translate pages.

6 dozen, is, that is sure a lot of canteens! Can't wait to hear what you can buy. Keep me posted! Might be a few members in my garrison interested in some including myself!!!

Good luck!

Hey guys, i received this couple of days ago! :dance:

Photo%20Jan%2012%203%2031%2047%20PM.jpg

I don't know how accurate this is in size compare to the Gio Canteens, so here's my rough comparison using my Crashmann's radio faceplate and screenshot

th_image_1.png

And with ruler...according to Seller of the Gio canteen on etsy, it measures 5,5"-7,5"

This one a bit less than that

th_Photo%20Jan%2012%203%2041%2045%20PM%2

Comparison with the original Gio

The lid is different but it shouldn't be a problem. The cap chain hook also located differently, the label dentation too, but not so much, or maybe just because of the photo. Everything else is OK to me!! :dance:

th_Photo%20Jan%2012%203%2031%2047%20PM%2

Thanks again Brian for pointing out!! :salute:

I'm unable to manage go to the supplier over the weekend because the store is closed, i'll try to juggle around during week days

Hey guys, i received this couple of days ago! :dance:

Photo%20Jan%2012%203%2031%2047%20PM.jpg

I don't know how accurate this is in size compare to the Gio Canteens, so here's my rough comparison using my Crashmann's radio faceplate and screenshot

th_image_1.png

And with ruler...according to Seller of the Gio canteen on etsy, it measures 5,5"-7,5"

This one a bit less than that

th_Photo%20Jan%2012%203%2041%2045%20PM%2

Comparison with the original Gio

The lid is different but it shouldn't be a problem. The cap chain hook also located differently, the label dentation too, but not so much, or maybe just because of the photo. Everything else is OK to me!! :dance:

th_Photo%20Jan%2012%203%2031%2047%20PM%2

Thanks again Brian for pointing out!! :salute:

I'm unable to manage go to the supplier over the weekend because the store is closed, i'll try to juggle around during week days

Looks good ! Happy to see you could order one and post info on it. Excited to hear if you manage to get in touch with the supplier soon. Keep me posted!

I have a few original Gio style canteens but definitely want one of the new canteens to compare and also mod for my pack.