Correct tube color?

deadvision

Sorry DUDE.... but ANH dont have decals... only ESB helmets have decals

ANH need to paint by hand with " Humbrol 14 French Blue" , "Humbrol Black 21 " and " Humbrol Dark Grey 5"

Yeah I know that but a lot of people like me who can't paint use decals. I know it's even acceptable at an officer level.

• 2 months later...

Another option for the tube stripes if you can't freehand paint the tube lines is to purchase the tube stripe masking templates offered by trooperbay and then just paint them on using #14 French Blue. The best of both worlds. Painted on tube stripes without a lot of painting skills :woot:

Dude, you can paint them!!! Get a painting mask from Mike — he used to sell them — or just make one. They're not hard to do. And they look so much better than decals. B)

• 3 weeks later...

I was totally nervous to hand paint my bucket, but I used the templates from Trooperbay and while there were leaks here and there, it was really easy to clean up with toothpicks, q-tips and some paint thinner.

nice....glad to see your going the hand painted route!! rock on trooper

I'd like to encourage anyone who is nervous about hand painting to try it. If I can do it, anyone can. It's not masterpiece by any stretch, but it's mine and with that comes a sense of accomplishment. Check it out in my progress thread, comments welcome: http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?showtopic=13201