Need to be pulled into one side of the fence.

deadvision

Hello. Hopeful future 501st member here. When I first got started decided to hop onto whitearmor and get into building a tk. On the list for Ata currently. And I've encountered a huge dilemma as of late. Trying hard to decide whether I want to go Sandy or Tk. I love both but for the life of me can't decide. I keep going back and forth. I'm very active in my local garrison been to troops and armor parties, just waiting now.

Had a question about MEPD aswell. Is it frowned upon to just have a basic kit. Not modeled after screen used?

I felt the same way at first but decided I will have to sets of armor at some point. Still working on my TK but I slowly started to buy all the components for the backpack so no going back now. Might take me another 2-3 years to buy another set of armor but it will happen, then I hope to join the MEPD ranks.

Once I decided to go TK, then I had the which armor do I buy dilemma. No end to all these fun choices.whichever you choose it will be fine. Both are awesome. If you order a set of armor and can get the Sandy parts on the side then you can further your put off your decision and at least you will have armor in hand!

Sorry my post probably doesn't help up you choose but just thought to throw my experience out there.

Not sure what the general attitude toward staying basic but I would hope that is fine.

Had a question about MEPD aswell. Is it frowned upon to just have a basic kit. Not modeled after screen used?

Isaac, it certainly is not looked down upon those who choose a "basic" or more personalized build. SWAT is there to satisfy the OCD in a few of us, and you can always upgrade later if the obsession strikes you.

Besides, we always need a few extra troopers to keep the dewbacks clean!

Isaac, it certainly is not looked down upon those who choose a "basic" or more personalized build. SWAT is there to satisfy the OCD in a few of us, and you can always upgrade later if the obsession strikes you.

Besides, we always need a few extra troopers to keep the dewbacks clean!

Hahaha no offense man. But I ain't here to hose of the dewbacks. I'm ready to hunt some rebels, droids, and to make sure the Jawas and Tuskens know who is boss around here.

Ha, funny... Don't get any water or soap on my armor... Just kidding. I started just base approval then went Police Officer. I ygotta go for swat though. I gotta be Davin Felth, in the cantina. It's my life long dream... And I love TD.

So your question. I like TD better because , all the components. Pauldron packs, belt packs, back packs. Weathering. Just awesome stuff. Plus the TD are all chill in the movie, other TK are all falling down shafts and running into doors, closing them when they should be opening them... Don't get me wrong I lovevTK too, just feel so much more beef in the TD. Now, the back pack, a couple trays, some pastic some pipe. Nuttin to it right? Wrong, that dang thing is heavy. Hands down the most uncomfortable thing about my TD. Chest strap. Two words that will help your back and shoulders. One thing about the TK , comfort, and a hair more mobility. Two to three hours in the TD, and the pack is killin my shoulders and back. But, if troopin was easy, everybody would be doing it.

Still, TD is my favorite. Even with the pain, when a kid came up to me in a hand full of TK and said you are the best, cause you've got battle damage , I knew I was on point. The whole look of a TD compared to a TK, just has the whole special ops feel. I love it and say... Go TD, it will look great on you... I guarantee it!

Hey there bro. How are you?

TK vs TD?

Well. We all love Sandtroopers over tks I guess. That's why we are here. ;)

No joke, tds have something that just gets into you once you start walking this way. It is the character, the looks or just the gear. We love our armors and take a lot of pride building and wearing them.

I have a TK armor and it is cool. But I am a Sandtrooper. Always will be.

And no frown upon anything here. We are a brotherhood. We enjoy being together as TDs and there is room for everyone here. Basic configuration or uber accurate OCD replicas, we all are the same. Just different styles of enjoying this hobby.

Welcome bro and hope you feel at home here.

Saludos.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, we are a brotherhood all over the world. Plus, when were trooping, and you hear someone say, " i want a picture with THAT GUY" and they're pointing to you,,,,well?....nuff said ?? Ok?? I recently had a 5 or 6 year old say to his dad, "No daaad !!! thats a SAND TROOPER from the first movie". :woot: I so wanted to hug that kid. Now, go and order your boots and well see you in the dunes of MosEisley. :yes::thumbsup: