The FX Helmet

DarthAloha

Bothers and sisters,

First of all... clean off your armor already because you're all totally gross.

Second... FISD has managed to convince the Legion to finally stop new approvals of the FX helmet for TKs. The LMO has added wording to each of our CRLs that prevents it. Anyone with an FX helmet is obviously grandfathered in, but from now on no one will get a new approval with it.

Details can be found in the latest FISD newsletter.

-Eric

• 7 months later...

Folks... the new LMO has put actual wording in the FISD crls that state that the FX helmet is no longer allowed for new approvals. The previous verbiage was a little vague but now it actually uses the word "FX".

If this is a thing you want I suggest contacting Brian to ask to have it put in your CRL.

And if he gives the go ahead I'm happy to edit your CRL for you :)

-Eric

AWESOME!!!

Finally we get some real acting on the matter.

Congrats Eric and all the people pushing the legion to get higher standards.

Hope we can get the CRL updated too.

Saludos

Ok I emailed Rick and the LMO and they agreed. I added the words "FX helmet is no longer permitted for new approvals." to the helmet entry of the TD CRL.

-Eric

Ok I emailed Rick and the LMO and they agreed. I added the words "FX helmet is no longer permitted for new approvals." to the helmet entry of the TD CRL.

-Eric

Yep. I'm so glad they finally put the actual wording in the CRL. Just yesterday, I had to explain to an applicant who had an FX helmet that they were no longer permitted for new approvals and referenced the section in the CRLs.

Eric... Maybe you should include a photo of the FX next to any statement posted publicly. We in the Legion know what the FX is but an outsider who might have purchased armor through eBay doesn't know the name or can't see the differences between the FX and a more accurate helmet.

Maybe a side by side diagram to illustrate the differences.

The Star Wars Helmet site has a nice comparison image of an older FX TK helmet against a more accurate TK helmet.

Here's the link:

http://www.starwarshelmets.com/imperialfanFX.htm

Maybe we can supply the link in the CRL.

I know a lot of us take building seriously and explore as much as we can. (I really enjoy that part of the hobby even if I don't follow through with a build)

It becomes problematic when you get a prospective member who applies for membership and hasn't done every bit of research. Or they believe an eBay ad that describes armor as "501st approved". I know its not the Legion's problem but we get left to tell the prospective member they can't join up yet.

I'm all for eliminating the FX... I just want to be able to show prospective members why the FX is not acceptable.

• 1 month later...