best crack repair method

Robster

hello guys, just looking over my suit and i see i have a few small cracks on the cod and a few other places and was wondering what is the best method you have used to repair/stregthen those types of spots? In the past i have cut extra plastic and just glued over the cracks, i have heard of others using elastic or cloth type material with E6000 glue...what would you use?

thank you,

rob

Make a small hollow slit with a sharp blade across the top of the crack.

Loctite glue (or similar) glue onto and around the crack.

Cut out a square of old t-shirt or cloth and apply on top of the glued area and allow to dry.

Put more glue on top of the cloth square and leave to dry.

You will not get a crack in that area again.

this is taken from the FISD tutorials:

Step 1: Cut ABS Strips

Cut thin, short strips of matching ABS into a (clean) cup or similar. A glass vessel is preferred! Don't go pouring acetone into a plastic cup.

Step 2: Mix with Acetone

Carefully pour acetone so the fluid covers the ABS shards. Go easy on the acetone - add a little at a lime instead of drowning the ABS shards. We're talking really small amounts of the stuff here - a couple of thimbles worth of shards and acetone.

Step 3: Wait

Depending on the thickness of the ABS pieces, acetone dissolvation time might vary. Check progress every now and then, stir a little with a (clean) rod or stick. Apply more acetone if plastic won't dissolve in a satisfactory way. Go easy on the acetone though - you want a runny, but not watery substance

Step 4: Apply Paste

When the acetone/ABS concoction is a bit on the runny side, begin applying to damaged area on armour or helmet. Easy does it - make sure you fill the gouge properly.

Step 5: Let Dry

When happy with the results, leave alone and let the acetone dissolve fully. ABS hardens and fuses with your armor/helmet. Regarding drying time, it depends on amount of ABS goo used and size of damaged area. YMMW. If your ABS milk is runny enough, it will just fill the damaged area - no need to sand. Still, if you get a bump, sand it down with fine-grit sandpaper, buff out the rest with Novus, and you're done!