Ghoulcinder's eventual TD build

Hello everyone!

My name is Bas, I'm from the Netherlands, and currently living in the United Kingdom.

I've been a Star Wars fan for many year, and I've been very interested in Star Wars costuming for a fair amount of

years as well (unfortunately I've not yet managed to get a costume together due to financial issues.)

I've finally decided I want to go and build a Sandtrooper, after doing some research and talking to some

UKG Members I still have some questions and any advice is welcome!

I'll show you what I know and have planned so far.

Firstly, I've decided to go for the Extreme Racing Undersuit, personally I think it looks quite good, I've seen some good opinions about it as well. If you know of a better/cheaper one, feel free to give me a shout :)

Secondly, the boots. I've done the least research in those, I found these, they look quite reasonable to me, and not too expensive either. I'm completely open for suggestions, I'm not really sure whether these boots are suitable or not. I'll just go for the black Jodhpur boots (unless someone has a better idea of course :) ) and I'll dye them white using Leather shoe dye.

Now for the helm, I own a Master Replicas CE Stormtrooper Helmet, which I loved when I first got it, but now it makes me cringe! Especially the whopping big seem! But I've decided to go for an ATA helmet, at first I wanted to go for an RS Props HDPE helmet, but you can only buy them assembled, which costs £450 (ouch!).

Billy, from the UKG, suggested to make it look like a white painted HDPE helmet, which I will do, I'll have to figure a way to do so out still.

I've just been put on the waiting list for an ATA TD kit with helmet.

I've also decided I want to go for an E-11 Blaster, I found the Trooperbay EE-leven Blaster Kit.

But this appears to be the same one as Doopydoos, only the Doopydoos is a lot cheaper, unfortunately Doopydoos is out of stock at the moment, I have no idea when they're

expecting new stock. For the shoulderpad I'll probably enquire with trooper1.

I think what I haven't covered yet is the backpack and the ammo pouches.

It's going to be a very long WIP, since my budget is extremely small, but it'll certainly finish at some point!

Hopefully I'll be able to roll a first update out the coming weeks, which will probably be the boots when I'm more sure about it.

I hope you'll have some good advice ready for me, any suggestions or alterations of current plans are most certainly welcome!

welcome to the forums and hope to see a build soon, I am in the process of turning an old set of TK into a TD, anyways I have had good results in finding two pairs so far, (I need a third) of similar black boots at thrift stores and I used white tulip fabric paint, it comes in a pump spray and it covers quite good, quite thick, in 4 years I have had to repaint only small sections where the armor rubs on it and a couple small cracks, remember to wash the boot, dry completely, sand them lightly, wash and dry again, then tape off the soles and paint the boots. as for a helmet I am going to be using my older ATA bucket, I really do love it, it is painted but it is starting to look a bit off now, I will be replacing it with a new AP helmet I got recently, I have to buy 2 Squirrel fans and 2 nine volt battery pods at a surplus store I frequent that will cost me under $10 can, install is easy and I can walk you through it if need be, I also have a very small budget and I will not be doing a backpack just yet, since it is not needed for basic approval I can slowly collect the parts for it, this will be my third build, TK, DT (zombie trooper) and now TD, I was quite luck to get both armor for my DT and TD free but they are very old. made in 99... anyways good luck in your build, hope to see pics

Thanks guys!

@Swampthing
Thanks for the tips! Also good luck with your conversion! ;)
I haven't looked into fans yet, cheers for mentioning it, I should certainly think about it.
I'm not sure whether the UKG requires a backpack for basic clearance, I'll have to ask Smally, it would certainly save some money not to have one right away,

but it's most certainly on my lists, those backpacks looks awesome :)

@Felice
Thank you, I'll keep an eye out on the Doopys website, I've signed up for an E-mail notification :)

in the CRL a backpack is optional. so I cannot see why a GMO would not clear you without, unless you are going for a specific trooper look for SWAT, but some do not have it anyways... I am not going for that and will go backpackless and with cheese grater hand plates, something you do not see too many troopers have these days... I have been itching to wear them ever since I got them in my AP kit 4 years ago