Howdy all its been awhile

Dozer105

Hey all its been awhile since I been in here unfortunately my health has been rapidly declining I been in and out of the hospital over 5 times this year and I am heading back next week for more procedures. I am not sure when and if I will ever get to finish my armor but if I get some strength I shall continue it. My wife bought me a MP -40 pouch set for my shoulder which I need to dye black but I have a question about the Mortar tube how does that attach to the rest of the pack? zip ties? not much left to do to the armor and hopefully I'll have the strength to submit some pics in it. Anyway hope you all are doing well I'll try and visit here more often now that I am out of the hospital.

Hey David, get well soon brother, hope you're doing okay.

Don't give up on the build mate, it'll give you something else to focus on.

With regards to the mortar tube, there is a simple system of cutting slots into the tube and having bolts in the frame. The tube then slots onto the bolts and locks into position. Hopefully Rick or QM will have some pictures of what I mean and will post them up.

You could use cable ties, just be sure they aren't on show.

All the best dude.

Yes, get well soon, but also don't give up, as Smally said. It definately helps not dwelling on stressful things. If you need any help, just let us know. We can help as much as possible to get you complete.

Thanks guys I appreciate it I will be heading in on Thursday and hopefully released on Friday. I hate being cooped up in a hospital bed but I hate not being able to eat either and living off a feeding tube at my age is the worst feeling in the world, 2 years ago I still had a good career in the Army and lots of dreams and ambitions. Now I am medically retired fighting to live and the VA is making things in life worse. But if all goes well I will hopefully be able to eat solid food again not much because my new stomach is the size of a golf ball and can stretch to the size of a soft ball but if it works and I can eat I will take it. I will be doing a troop for Star Wars reads day as a Heavy weapons trooper cause I still have not painted the dirt on yet but thanks for the screw slot idea that did the trick and looks really cool I just need straps and the pouch I ordered still has not arrived :( but can you recommend a brand of dye to dye them black?

If anyone is interested I started a t-shirt line shop at teepublic online I created my own line from the art I draw and I donate half the proceeds to help homeless and wounded veterans here is the link www.teepublic.com/user/TshirtTornado I add new designs frequently and they are mostly Heavy metal influenced designs so if you looking for something original to wear check out my page. shirts are normally $20 but when I release new designs they are only $14.

• 2 weeks later...