1st backpack build pics and feedback please

Dwqld

Hi everybody,

I am a new bee that is hoping to join MEPD in the very near future and while I am waiting for my armour to be made and arrive (has to get to Queensland in Australia so I have time) I thought I would start on my backpack.

I am building it from scratch and this is not only my first build but my first time using the forums both in Qld and here so if I put anything in the wrong place please just let me know.

I narrowed my design down to 2 reference pictures and worked from there.

I used cat litter trays instead of seed boxes as ours in Aus are open on the bottom.

I have made the frame from lcv tubing and still need to get (find) a few more components to finish the backpack.

But this is where I am up to so I would appreciate any feedback.

Cheers.

http://s1380.photobucket.com/user/glenn80/slideshow/

I think it looks pretty cool! The CRL allows for a loose interpretation for basic. I don't think you could go for P.O. with this though, and definitely not SWAT. But if that doesn't concern you, then more power to you!

Dude, great job with available materials! I would highly suggest Contacting Gordon here on the boards for the Toilet Cistern part though, that will help it look much better right away! He ships from Singapore so not sure what it would cost to Australia, but it would be worth it. Several people here sell the radio faceplates, Trooperbay.com sells them to, but they are a little smaller designed to fit on the Radio Shack Utility box, this is what I used on mine. You can check out my pack build thread also. I mostly followed Scooth's build thread to make mine.

I make the dials and side strap mounts for the radio, and there are a few other folk who sell the knob(s) to.

Anyway, great job so far!!!!

Godonators cistern is about $40 delivered to Australia, I also used seed trays from Bunnings, about $8 each and radio faceplates I got from the TAG forums here in Australia. I also.have some mushroom caps if you need some.send me a pm if you need anything else. Hope this helps.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, im a fresh recruit from Aus too, as Im on the waiting list for an ATA kit, i thought id get started on the pack and BFG, was wondering where you got litter trays and other components from, I just started the frame yesterday, was trying to find some seed trays at Bunnings but they had none

Hi piper,

Good to see another new sandy in OZ

The trays to get from Bunnings are Saxon trays they come as a kit clear top with seed sets $ 14 odd each and you just use the green trays.

The mushroom caps are Tupperware jelly Bowles ( I have some spare or look on eBay) they are the ones with lid and seperate stand.

The cistern see the gordonator and he will send you one ( from mepd)

The radar dish either dirtyboy on mepd or if you want the rigidity thing eBay for the Tupperware juice jug again from the 70 vintage on eBay range from 5 15 dollars

I hope that helps

Cheers

DWqld