Move Along Project

Ghost

Back in 2011 I did the 'Move Along' and 'Stop That Ship' helmet builds, and eventually wanted to do a full 'Move Along' TD. After getting the inspiration from seeing a 'Move Along' helmet by Darth Voorhees, I have started this project.

2011 lids:

Te28.jpg

So I purchased an RS lid to get the project going and after a bit of time trying to assemble the lid screen accurately I am ready to paint:

move4_zps64a84291.jpg

move0_zpsd0c10eaa.jpg

move3_zpsc430f043.jpg

move2_zpse8ed2d2e.jpg

Once the lid is finished I will be getting the Bapty E-ll built.

Scott

Finally got the time to get the tube stripes painted up this evening, once dry I can then focus on final paint detailing before moving on to the weathering.

_Z4A9611_zps3cdec96b.jpg

_Z4A9620_zpse5f00cbf.jpg

_Z4A9621_zpsc697319c.jpg

_Z4A9618_zps8e459879.jpg

I have tried to replicate the different angles of each stripe, but was fighting for space especially on the left side for 16 stripes, so had to freehand draw the stripes and all have different spaces in between them. Quite pleased with how they turned out though!

On a side note I had to make a decision on which version of the Move Along trooper to go for. I thought about the version with the spanish pouch on the right hip/black gaffer tape on view on the right shoulder and the two right hand guards:

BehindtheScenes-Checkpoint02-2_zps13736d

ScreenShot2014-09-23at174253_zpsc318c7ce

ScreenShot2014-09-23at171808_zps9d28f17f

Or with the two M40 pouches and two left hand guards:

ScreenShot2014-09-23at171729_zps7835f5fd

ScreenShot2014-09-23at173835_zps9be79b23

I went for the two left hand guard version, and ordered the relevant pouches from Anthony and hand guards from Karin!

(In my opinion the approach and moving off of the sand cruiser is filmed with the 2 left hand guard move along, whilst the questioning is filmed with the two right hand guard move along. The position of the sun supports this when watching the full scene).

Have been sourcing parts to upgrade my backpack and have ordered a couple of these plastic bottles within the UK. I have gone for the slightly wider diameter to see if it matches up with the screen shot. There is also room to trim the top of the bottle and try and get the length right protruding down from the mushroom cap.

Canister_zps5af4cfad.jpgCanister1_zpsa4cdf927.jpg

More parts received today, firstly the Tupperware jug with the 4" lid. The code on the base of the jug is: 874-15

Also received a 125mm rubber backing pad from e-bay costing only £2.65 shipped:

_Z4A9713-Edit_zps51d3a977.jpg

_Z4A9704-Edit_zpsb1109e90.jpg

_Z4A9715-Edit_zpsdb5bec28.jpg

My Mrs is so happy with all my parcels :no:

Water flask/canteen arrived today and looks very similar to the one on the Move Along backpack.

_Z4A9723_zps6ec66737.jpg

_Z4A9722_zps14281dff.jpg

flask1-2copy_zps869d44b7.jpg

Looking at (1) it appears that the brackets that attach the flask to the pack are dark in colour, (2) looks like the area where the flask strap threads under the lid section. They have left on the lid chain holder (3) which you can see the hole ion the neck, which supports that the flask logo is facing inwards.

I just can't get a high enough resolution image to see the texture of the flask. I could use filler to get a smooth finish, but doubt time was spent to do this by the art department, so wither a smooth version flask was used or it just appears smooth after a coat of paint was applied. I cannot clearly make out if the actual lid was attached or removed on the flask, but it looks like it is not there and the 'stinger' pipe is wedged into the bottles neck.

Wow, it's definitely that canteen! I never saw that close-up of a pic before. You are absolutely right about the chain holder, too. I can't tell if it's wishful thinking, a light trick, or is the "groove" for the strap intact in the reference pic? It even looks like the mounting bracket sits in there. That would also make me think the texture is still there (if it was on the original canteen). Why would they fill the texture but leave the groove?

Next decision is the colour for parts on the pack. I took a couple of photos of two small sample bottles just to find a grey colour that I am happy with for the bottom seed tray, bottles and canteen. I kept the same camera settings for all photos, but just changed the background and the light direction on the bottles.

The first image all the greys appear to have a blue hue and gives a false representation which I personally feel is the case on the remastered versions of ANH. I appreciate the original versions were quite washed out and the greys do appear grey without any blue tint.

_Z4A9728copy_zpsd1ec3f03.jpg

On the following pictures the greys give a more accurate representation of what came out of the tin. As you can see I included Humbrol #47 for a comparison and my own personal view is that this colour is way off, the shade is just too light especially when comparing the screen shots when the back pack is in direct sunlight.

_Z4A9731copy_zpsf379da60.jpg

_Z4A9732copy_zps100ad844.jpg

I will be doing more sample shots in direct sunlight and outdoors which will be best suited to make a decision on which grey to actually go for. Humbrol #1 primer is also too light.

I have looked at a lot of colours Vince, but haven't picked up a can of Slate Blue. I feel that the original is just a shade of grey that appears to have a blue tint appearance to it on the remastered version as seen below. The problem is the original version is quite washed out but appears grey. The grey used on the packs does have a warmer shade to Humbrol #5 on the helmet detailing, but is still quite a dark shade even in direct sunlight.

My display will be indoors so am happy to compromise and at the moment I feel the Uniform Grey primer I have found is quite a good representation. It is not to disimmilar to the Lake Blue that Dirty Boy uses on his packs. Until a colour is identified from an actual back pack part, I think it comes down to what colour everyone feels happy with. My Mrs is sick to death with asking her to look at shades of grey :pinch:

_Z4A9743_zps094855be.jpg

wee_zps9502f644.jpg

ScreenShot2014-10-01at210711copy_zpsebe6

With the help of my mate I have tried to colour balance a still on Photoshop, as the remastered version has too much of a purple tinge:

Blue_zps122cbd87.jpgGrey_zpsf7d259e6.jpg

The prop department would have used a paint which was readily available to get hold of and that is why I feel a matt grey primer was used.