Move Along Project

Ghost

Cheers guys!

Armour arrived from TM this week, thanks again Paul...awesome work!!!!

Have the bank holiday weekend now (due to the TT races) so time to get the weathering sorted, done some light base work on the chest plate. Need to shape the pauldron too. Armour goes well with the RS helmet:

_Z4A0262-Edit_zpsfh6rcshk.jpg

_Z4A0261-Edit_zpsq4i0gwj8.jpg

_Z4A0260-Edit_zps5edooc4c.jpg

Got some more weathering done on the right arm, and decided to go for the dropped shoulder bell, so used some 50mm insulation tape which will also be used on the seed trays. Just need to shape the pauldron over the tape a little, but slowly getting there.

_Z4A0265-Edit_zpsljs6poyx.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Shouldn't it be a leather Wien Stolla type for the Move Along Trooper as well? Also, I think the dimensions are not quite right.

Other than that I really love your backpack project, actually going the same route at the moment. Never thought I'd say this but I'm really envious about your toilet cistern find, lol ;-)

Not true I'm afraid strider. Scott is emulating the Move Along trooper as seen in the "Falcon Take off"'scene where he is clearly wearing a smaller 3 slot pouch. After extensive research we have identified this pouch as a possibility.

857B6B8D-78F9-4AFA-8854-EBCECDAD21F8_zps

D4E6F08F-6240-48D7-AB6B-502838331DCA_zps

CC960581-1001-486A-B0A2-AD0B2200BD71_zps

Scott, it looks really good mate, about as close as we've seen so far.

Nick

Not true I'm afraid strider. Scott is emulating the Move Along trooper as seen in the "Falcon Take off"'scene where he is clearly wearing a smaller 3 slot pouch. After extensive research we have identified this pouch as a possibility.

857B6B8D-78F9-4AFA-8854-EBCECDAD21F8_zps

D4E6F08F-6240-48D7-AB6B-502838331DCA_zps

CC960581-1001-486A-B0A2-AD0B2200BD71_zps

Scott, it looks really good mate, about as close as we've seen so far.

Nick

Ah, allright. I wasn't quite sure particularly as Scott and yourself are usually super accurate in these things. Looking at your reference pictures above it looks as accurate as can be. Good job, Scott!

After a lot of research, these MP5 pouches are the closest I can see to what limited reference material we have available. Thanks Nick for your advice on this pouch!!!

The grey primer I went for is 'The Army Painter' Uniform Grey. Again it is personal preference to what colour people will use, but until an original pack surfaces people will chose what they feel looks the most accurate. This picture clearly shows how light affects colour :

PACK1_zpstohad9b2.jpg

Äh....WHERE I WAS THE LAST MONTHS?????????????

Thank you Scott, the man from the Isle of Man, for this wonderful thread and for your research time!

I now have to change my pack Colors :teehee:

Keep up the great work my friend!