G'day everyone I'm from Tasmania!

TazVader

G'day folks,

Christian here...Long time 501st stalker. I joined the TAG forum in 2005. Although I own a CRL cool ROTJ Vader, I haven't actually gotten it approved lol. My procrastination is a little bit of a legend amongst members that know me.

So to end that... my first approvable trooping outfit will be a Sandy:) Got some awesome blokes from the local Thylacine group helping me out. Trimming and sanding my armour is taking place at the moment. I have EVERYTHING except my backpack on the way or already here. Soooooooo, if anyone can contact me about selling a "Captain's pack," kit or built...please feel free. I have contacted a few via pm but no replies as yet. Thought I had better introduce myself...maybe that will help lol

Anyways, look forward to meeting some of you guys online or in person. The threads in this forum have already rocked my brain....

Here's a pic of outta the box:) Just to prove I'm moving lol

Regards

T

A

Z

post-5915-0-67539600-1407983528_thumb.jp

Hey Taz

Fellow Aussies always welcome I'm southern cross

Dirty boy rick has all your pack needs for any version

Sandys the only way to go brother ;)

Say hi to nick for me and I shall be watching your build

Do you have the same name on thylacine page? I pop in there sometimes I'll say g'day

Pandatroopers build thread is a must here on mepd or you can even google it :)

Need any help ask and many ppl shall rush to your side mepd look after their brothers

Welcome bro :)

Hey there guys! Thanks for the nice welcome.

@ VF I am on TAG with the same handle but frequent there rarely as yet. Soon as I'm up and moving I'll be on there quite a bit. For now I am getting to know my way around here and trying to fill my head with as much Sandy understanding as possible lol

Regards

Christian

Well here a little progress update on what I've just ordered:

Trooper bay: Green lens material (I don't like the acetate) Canvas shoulder straps Canvas belt Orange pauldron White latex handguards X2 packets snaps 1tube E6000

TK Boots: Size 12 trooping boots

Boo: X2 black leather MP40 pouches for my belt

Quartermaster: Fully built modular "Captains backpack," with a few special requests.

TD4749: Aurebesh radio decals (I just like 'em)

Misc: X2 sets of ninja type gloves X3 packets of 10 nickel snaps 5m of black 40mm webbing Canvas MP40 pouch set from Ebay

Needing still:

Obviously to finish my armour but the local guys, mainly (KOSH) are helping me there. Build my Barking Dragon E-11 kit and Make a BFG. I have garnered some great Lewis gun plans so that's a start. Finally, figure out how to create a couple of fake fingers to stuff my glove with (missing a couple on my left hand). Oh yes...get submission pics happening.

Regards

T

A

Z

:woot:I'll say. Great advice here so I cant take any credit for the choices... I was just studious lol

Hope I can do it justice lol

BTW Anyone Aussies know where Niko is? I sent him a few comms about getting an MG34 kit and as yet no response.

Regards

T

A
Z

Thanks fellas:)

I was wondering if there was a diagram showing all the rivet/split pin and snap placement on the exterior of the armour to be accurate? I mean top tier accurate? Something with their sizes too. That would be really helpful.

I thought there might be something kicking around or is there just too much variation to qualify it with one diagram?

Just in case , so I can knock off a lot of future problems if I DO try out eventually for SWAT...maybe lol

Regards

T

A

Z

You'll find pics of these in almost every PO or SWAT request thread brother

Size is pretty irrelevant although you CAN be to big/small just try to match the pics and you'll be fine ;)

Well the base of operations is KOSH's shed lol I got another arrival today. My canvas pouch for my shoulder ...More grey than green but there is a tinge lol

I know Christian very well....mostly because he is ME! lol

Regards

T

A

Z

• 2 weeks later...

OK. I arrived home from school this evening to find a few packages. So I got my pauldron and some odds and sods from TB. I'll post a pic when I have had some sleep lol

For the moment I am waiting on another box from trooper bay and some other bits and pieces....Sigh...getting there.

OH!!!!! On other good news I managed to snag a cast of an MG-34. So I pay for that Monday and should have it shortly there after. Its a kit but apparently they are moulded off the real deal:) All smiles here.

Regards

T

A

Z

Small update. Sorry no pics lol. My leather belt pouches arrived from 'Boo,' awesome! My last box arrived from trooperbay. So...on the tally of what's to arrive:

1 resin MG-34 (in post)

QM backpack (building 4-5wks)

That's it. Although my armour build is slowing down. I'm giving myself the rest of the year to get a bit trimmer. ;)

Regards

T

A

Z