TM or RS

syllander

If you were choosing between RS and TM, which would you choose and why?

I'm looking to buy a set and know there's some differences in lineage vs fan made, and some of the kinks being worked out by TM.

This is not to try to say either is better than the other, as I know both are very great gear, just trying to resolve the question for me.

I'm 5'10" and 194 lbs. if that helps. Thanks for any replies or opinions.

I have a set of both and I prefer my RS for the SandTrooper for a few different reasons.

One is the cast, being from original, it really looks the part of ANH.

Two is the texture of the armor really brings out the weathering.

Three is the weight. For some reason, my RS feels lighter to troop in , which helps with the added weight of the back pack.

Love my RS TD...

RS is not a complete cast from original;-) but that's another story.

If you like to build the armor by your own, TM is quite easier to assamble, spezially the legs;-)

Can't tell about RS really as I do not own one

But I'm quite satisfied with the TM.

I had a lot of repairs so far, but only on other Equipment (gun, backpack) of my TD, not so for the armor parts, except strapping.

I have got both of them and end up whit my rs suits here. Love them in every way. The abs plastic. The sharp pull. ANH Movie accurate history. Bumby cap and back etc. A+ Beauty

Was at an armour party yesterday and it was the first time so many newbies and different types of armor were present I won't bag out the bad ones lets just say TM took the cake

Very clean n smooth crisp n accurate

TM the win

• 1 month later...

Would'nt buy either. RS is like tissue paper and know so many people that have sold theirs in the last few months as its just cracked after a couple of troops. TM is ridiculously priced. Over £1000 for what amounts to around £70's worth of plastic? If they gave something back to the legions charities it would'nt be so bad. My 2 pence. I'd find someone who produces armour more locally to where you are.

It's not just the cover of the plastic that vendors have to take into consideration. They have many other overheads with things like vac formers, heaters, keeping the moulds up, personal time, etc etc.

You then also have to realise that if you want the best of something, it will always cost that bit more.

In the likes of TM, we need to remember that Paul created his stuff by hand over the (14+) years of working on it and yet no one has been able to come close with a fan made sculpt. The closest available armour is RS yet that is pulled from a nearly complete movie used suit.

Yeah its expensive, but what hobby isn't these days. If you want affordable armour and are not fused by the whole accuracy debate then there's plenty to chose from. If you want the 'cherry on top' then it comes at a higher price - this is pretty much the same with anything nowadays.

I'll finish off by also saying, TM is just as reliable with his aftercare - this I've witnessed personally.

TM every day of the week. :)

Hi smally!!

Completely understand that..overheads etc but my personal feeling is its a bit steep. Up to the individual tho I guess and it is nice looking armour.Also know someone who is intending on replacing parts of their TM already when they've only had it a couple of months due to cracking. Seems a common problem with modern armour but something you have to expect when achieving greater accuracy. Mine has cracks in and I've not finished building it yet lol!

Hey dude,

What make is your armour Lee?

I've had mine a couple of years now and have only had to make one very small patch up in the back piece - which is really good considering it has the weight and pressure of the back pack.

I've worn many different makes of armour since I joined the 501st in 2001 and the only other armour that came close for sturdiness was TE2... Although the VT/MTK helmets were very sturdy too.

Hello mate..

The lid is MTK and the armour is mostly Andy Rodgers stuff.The cracks are not because of the armour..more me trimming it up and ring cack handed as not something I've done before but learning from experience!

No doubt that Paul's stuff is expensive.

I haven't found anything in this hobby worth buying that isn't.

After getting the box in and looking thru though, real amazement. Beautiful craftsmanship. Could not believe the level of detail that his cap shows in the trap areas, and this is the 2mm stuff!

TM has worked tirelessly in his research and producing incredibly accurate armor that can be trooped in and is indeed a pleasure to work with, i love his armor, his standards, his commitment to the hobby we all love so much and his integrity! :D

Oh and what Smally said, his after sales advise and service is fantastic! Paul also helps many many people who do not buy his armor or any of his other products!