Carrying a BFG

Ok, so the T-21 is pretty much complete using Pandatrooper's tutorial...

So, now that its complete, I can tell that a several hour troop may be a bit cumbersome.

So what tips do you guys have for lugging this thing around and not getting exhausted in the process and avoiding bashing people with it as you troop?

Do you use the strap and sling it over your shoulder when not in use?

What tips and tricks do you have?

I very often set the end of the barrel on the ground when I'm standing around. I've never tried to truly use the sling - I'm afraid it will put too much force on the front sight or the gas release under the barrel and break them off. When walking around, I either 1) cradle it as seen in the Garindan scene, 2) carry it at ready with hand on grip and other on the barrel, or 3) hold the stock in one hand with the barrel pointing up resting on my shoulder.

I used the strap only once until now, for walking to the gatheringpoint, but only with help of an experienced member,

I wouldnt dare to strap it over alone.

The T21 I carry often with two hands. One on the grip/handle and one on lower front near where the

strap is attached:

10511682_10204118001133090_3054909444768

Or like this:

2ivcz61.jpg

On my first event with it, some parts were letting go or breaking off .

Especially these on pic here under the rubberbands, so I had to remember the dangerzones.

2.jpg

As I have a 2nd weapon E11 I can change pouches and do another sandtrooper what makes it a bit easier

for my arms.

Good luck with Your troops!

• 1 month later...

Jeff,

To be true to a character like this, as a military type, you should never put the muzzle of your weapon on the ground (for obvious reasons). I always found it easy to place the end of the butt stock on the ground and hold the barrel in one hand if it got too heavy. Also always have an e-11 in your kit to swap to later in the day.

• 2 weeks later...