Jancelot's TD Build (TM)

Jancelot

Yes, great info, Brad! Thanks.

Makes sense, the weathering level doesn't show up well in pics on my TS and TB. I like my suits a *little* more on the dirty side than not, anyway. And I think I'll try out the clear lacquer on my TS. The tempura paint stays fairly well, but after 10 or troops I start to notice it lightening. I think it's mostly from transport, though.

I'll have update progress pics by tomorrow. Cheers.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

I've been slowly making progress on my weathering. I had to re-remove the black lines from the helmet traps so that is last on the list. Below are a few shots of my first full suit pass (minus the helmet). I'm already planning on going back with a darker shade of umber to hit the existing patterns and overall dirty it up a bit more. I'm happy with the results thus far, and it is dirtier than the pics show.

Thoughts?

IMG_5538_zps8574e022.jpg

IMG_5541_zpsd99f2ba1.jpg

IMG_5547_zps2253177e.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks. I should mention I dialed down the intensity of the signature mark on the chest. Not so tall or concentrated anymore. I need to do the bucket, but I'll try to get some fitting picks up this weekend.

• 6 months later...

Hello again! I'm finally back from limbo. We renovated the garage and only bathroom with a shower starting, well, early November last year. It's been a long few months, but my shop is finally back and better than ever before. I'll be resuming work this weekend. Whew.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been busy setting up my shop and hosting armor parties with my garrison. But here are shots of the second go at weathering. I ended up adding just a smidgen of black to the burnt umber.

• Top torso is a bit too dark and sparse. It was towards the bottom of the paint container.
  • Helmet is too freckly
  • I plan on doing a light dusting of the light Fuller's Earth to give it grit and pull the colors together

Let me know what you think. Sorry for the creepy, horror eyes. It's still taped off. :)

IMG_6027%20Medium_zpsrjwu4w30.jpg

IMG_6025%20Medium_zps3y1uqbwp.jpg

IMG_6024%20Medium_zpsti0wnxii.jpg

IMG_6030%20Medium_zpsa4v3zqup.jpg

IMG_6031%20Medium_zpspmojktiy.jpg

IMG_6032%20Medium_zpsub45jhbz.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Test shots! Lighting isn't ideal. A bit washed out on top and shadowed on the bottom. My first thought...holy smokes the back back is heavy. My shoulder blades started hurting right away. The strap cushions I used for the upper portion are far too bulky. I'm going to redo them and see if it helps to slim it down. I also need the chest strap.

IMG_6291%20Medium_zps01pead1c.jpg

IMG_6304%20Medium_zps6eb1dlg5.jpg

IMG_6275%20Medium_zpspqhlhi0r.jpg

IMG_6277%20Medium_zpsszq4sate.jpg

IMG_6279%20Medium_zpsp6oqidio.jpg

IMG_6280%20Medium_zpsbpprmn7r.jpg

IMG_6282%20Medium_zpsjsjkzp51.jpg

IMG_6318%20Medium_zpsszkzwipn.jpg

• 2 weeks later...