T-21 Bondo / E6000 Question

I've searched these forums and Google but have a quick question on a T-21 build.

I'm in the final stretch on a Pandatrooper T-21 and I need to start adding bondo to the side between the PVC pipe with the ejector port and the styrene parts of the receiver.

I've used some screws and e6000 to bind the PCV pipe to the wood body and e6000 for hold the Styrene to the wood.

Do I need to sand and remove the e6000 that sits in this gap between these parts before I add bondo?

Will the bondo stick to the e6000 residue that is on the wood parts of the body?

Thanks

Thanks - the bondo is going well. For the ribs on the barrel, I used 1/4" rubber tubing. The primer isn't curing and is still tacky after a week.

Any suggestions on what primer is good for rubber tubing?

i would love to see an answer to this myself. I used 3/8 rubber tubing and I have the exact same issue - it's still tacky. It's still tacky MONTHS later. After my first troop to Phoenix ComicCon, I had to do quite a few touch-ups on the ribbing because primer and paint pulled off on a lot of it, but the rest of my T-21 was solid. What is the most effective way to bond the primer/paint to the rubber tubing?

Trent

I did some research yesterday and then tried Krylon Fusion which bonds with plastics and rigid vinyl (no claim to bond on flexible vinyl) - It didn't work either.

I even tried cleaning the tubing with alcohol and it still didn't work.

You can dye the tubing with Rit dye but it's not as dark as I need it...

Go to an auto body paint shop in your area, and explain what you are trying to paint. They will have a mix they can make you up in a spray can. Will cost a bit more, but will work.

@Trooper 1 - thanks for the suggestion. I took the easy way out...

I'm using black 1/4" inside diameter 1/2" Outside diameter fuel line from Lowes. It was on the plumbing aisle. The writing on the site came right off with a little acetone - no sanding required.

Its a satin black and I'll glue the ends together using 1/4" dowel rods cut into short sections.