Opinions please ON OT's Weathering

Old Trooper

Ok guys I've been busy my armour together and I given the left out in the sand storm look on my TD build. Please note that I'm aware that certain parts of the build are not complete ie lenses, aerators, Stud right side but i'm wanting feed back on the weathering.

Helmet

IMG_0162.jpg

IMG_0161.jpg

IMG_0160.jpg

Chest & back plate

IMG_0183.jpg

IMG_0182.jpg

I like It! Very well done. Not too much, and not too little. I would say one thing. Just my opinion. The darker streaks, stay away from airbrushing. Makes it look too...... Placed, if that makes since. The lighter sand effects are outstanding. Beautifully done. I would use a sponge, or brush tips to add the darker oil or dirt splashes. Just my opinion. I love what you have done with it so far.

Great start but I agree with Jay... be careful not to create too much of an airbrushed look. I think you've got a great base layer. Have you thought about adding a bit of Fuller's earth for texture?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I am coming in a little late on this, but I looked at your pics without reading your process and the first thing I thought was air brushing. It is actually awesome and looks beautiful, but it looks airbrushed. I don't mean that in a bad way at all, but it doesn't have that random used look. Overall good job though, really.

I found a wet rag is the best way to move the paint around.

Awesome job!!!