The "Spirit" of a Bapty and an intention to join.

Hello guys.

Brian here. I had posted an introduction in the appropriate thread but at the time I was unsure of which direction I was going for my costume. Well I've been haunting around here for a bit now and have caught the sand bug. I'm 100% sure I'm going TD.

So about the E-11 I'm going to show you here in a minute. I had originally thought I might go with either an ESB IN or TK. So to cover all bases I started my doopy build planning to make an ESB Canon E-11. I've learned a bit of a lesson here about planning ahead. I have finished the basics on the gun but no longer have the power cylinders, counter, or an accurate scope. I am planning to eventually add those and redo the entire sight rail. But since I finished the gun with becoming a TD in mind I added a few elements from the Tunisian builds and weathered accordingly (I hope). Instead of retyping the whole thing I'm litterly going to cut and paste the final entry on my FISD build thread which has some more explanations, my weathering process, and all the final action shots of the gun. If you want to read the whole thread and see why I've named myself TrainWreck you can do that here:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/26791-dd-esb-e-11-build/

I'm open to any critiques or suggestions you guys have for this build or any future builds I will try.

All my best to you guys!

From FISD:

"So now for some weathering. I really wished I had gotten some more pictures of the process for you guys but once I got focused on the task I just kept forgetting to take photos.

All the weathering is done with Testors model paints. I used silver, one that I forget the name of but is a bit of a fleshy peach color (that's the stage I kept forgetting to photo), one that was simply labeled "rust" on the shelf, and a flat black. Primarily I dry brushed the whole thing but with a little bit of dabbing with the end of the brush and some straight up painting where it was appropriate.

I took a picture of a water meter lid for insperation for the colors I needed:

IMAG1316.jpg

First I started with dry brushing the silver on all over the gun to give it a beat and scratched up look:

IMAG1353.jpg

Then I took the flesh/peach color and dry brushed that over the silver then took the rust and dry brushed it over that:

IMAG1368.jpg

I then went back over with the flat black to mute the whole rusted thing (sorry for the bad lit pictures, my work light broke during all of this and I was forced to move to a table lamp).

IMAG1371.jpg

IMAG1369.jpg

I then worked my way over the entire gun:

IMAG1376.jpg

IMAG1379.jpg

...and that's pretty much it. I went and took some photos of the whole thing. Now before you say anything I had a conversation with Tim about how the bolt was probably WAY over done (thanks for the input BTW Tim!). I really liked the "fished out of a lake" look it and the cocking lever had but realized he was right so went back over the bolt to clean it up a bunch (reality be damned I like how my taco casa cocking lever came out and decided to leave that alone). So all of the next photos were taken before the bolt clean up and then the last two photos were taken after.

IMAG1380.jpg

IMAG1400.jpg

IMAG1382.jpg

IMAG1383.jpg

IMAG1386.jpg

IMAG1388.jpg

IMAG1389.jpg

IMAG1391.jpg

IMAG1393.jpg

IMAG1395.jpg

IMAG1396.jpg

IMAG1397.jpg

IMAG1398.jpg

IMAG1408.jpg

IMAG1409.jpg

So what do you guys think?

I named her "Love Child."

I ran out of paint but there is still some minor tweaking I would like to do at some point. I will definitely add an accurate scope, sight rail, power cylinders and counter as I get them in and get to it. Other possible mods for a Tunisian are making a custom trigger guard, losing my hard won D-ring, cutting of the top of Gazmosis' magazine to make it look like a wooden block was inserted into it (I'm not happy about that idea, just depends on how far I want to go with it), and of course the Tunisians had the back end cut off and the had an aluminum tube riveted to the back to replace it (the Tunisian gun laws were such that all of this necessary for the production to comply with them). All possible. we will just have to see.

Also I had read at some point that on the ESB canons that the magazine release button was absent and so had ground that off the gun. That is the only thing that I'm just going to live with since I'm not excited atall about trying to remove and replace the magazine housing.

For now, since I'm about to buy a bunch of pine board for my T-21, I'm going to make an open shadow box that she will live in on my wall. I'll probably post pics of that as I do it.

Thank you guys for all of the support and putting up with this train wreck of a build! Outstanding human beings all of you!

Feel free to critique, nit pick, and pull apart as you see fit. All will go into the collective store house of info for possible changes on this and future build.

Be well and I will see all of you around the information super highway.

Until the next one!"

First of all Brian, glad you're here and specially that you've chosen the way of the Sandie!!!

"Love Child" is a sweet ESB sibling that breaths the Bapty spirit the build is great.

There's a sudden and uprising interest to build the Bapty ANH Tunisia Version, you know the the one with no tigger, smooth handgrip, rivet works, half wooden mag clip, etc.

"The Bapty spirit is strong in this one" :D

In case you want to tackle it too, you'll have the best of hot and cold worlds ;)

Thanks guys for the good words. I'm building a shadow box for it to live in for now and will probably do more Tunisian mods on it later since I'm about to dive into a T-21 scratch build. Cheers!

@clonecollector Thanks! I have a very small amount of experience with fabrication for films and theater (jack of all trades, master of none) but a lot of the credit goes to my wife for giving me pointers on what I could do to add demension with color and brush techniques (she is the one with the art back ground).

@Felice Ultimately it will probably come down to budget and time. I enjoyed doing that so much that I can't imagine not doing another one so the next E-11 I get to will probably be a straight up attempt at a full bapty. Right now though every dime that doesn't go to getting my armor is that much longer it will be to approval.

Thanks for the comments!

• 2 weeks later...

Sry dude...this should be a Bapty version of an E-11 Blaster?!?...then there is a lot of mods to change it into a tunisian blaster. For a bit inspiration, here are some wip's--->>
http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?showtopic=12188

http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?showtopic=12030

http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?showtopic=12068

http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?showtopic=12624

And here's the reference topic--->>
http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?showtopic=12647

Especially the grip is a totally full-mod.

Thanks. I've looked at a lot of those. The bapty thing was a last minute hybrid decision (ergo the name "Love Child").

Yeah when I realized the grips were full casts I decided I'll probably just add the power cylinders and counter and call it a day. My next E-11 build (when ever I get to that) will be with a full Bapty build in mind but for now I will be able to pick Love Child out in a crowd. ;)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

So I am starting a full Bapty conversion after all on Love Child. I still have A LOT to do but this is where I am at so far:

IMAG2713.jpg

IMAG2714.jpg

IMAG2720.jpg

IMAG2721.jpg

I've definitely got a lot of bondoing in my future. I have a new resin counter box for it, new scope coming from doopy, going to 3D print myself a power cylinder and make a new sight rail. Oh and I still have to get the trigger and magazine out and put in a new trigger guard and wood block. SO MANY PROJECTS!!!

*sigh* getting my hands on a real M39 is on the bucket list. I just have too much money sunk into too many projects to justify it (to my wife 😉). I'll totally keep you in mind if and when I get to that point.

• 2 months later...