Lewis Light Machine Gun Mk I or Mk II?

Has anyone been able to figure out which version of the Lewis they used in ANH? It only appears to be small difference in the buttstock assembly and which type of scope was used but I was just curious since I'm currently researching the build.

These two URLs are the two different versions from what I can tell (though they don't actually specify MkI and MkII in the listings, I figured out the diffrance from looking at a parts supply site).

Any way here are the two versions I found.

MkI:

http://www.deactivated-guns.co.uk/detail/1914_lewis.htm

MkII:

http://www.deactivated-guns.co.uk/detail/1914_Lewis_and_spare_magazine.htm

As stated above there are differences in the buttstock and grip, and the two versions have completely diffrent rear sites.

Any info anyone has on which version was used would be greatly appreciated!

Saludé!

Excellent! That looks like more fun anyway. I have noticed that that one has a different rear site than what everyone is fabricating. Is there any clear shots of that (I know there isn't much to work with screen wise) or is it just users choice? Thanks for the info!

I'm not sure about there only being mkI and mkII

but I know there were many different makers and a lot more than two kinds but wether the metal components only in a mkI or II couldn't say

They came with and without shroud, with or without stocks or aircraft sights

So many variations but can't say if variation means more Mk,s

I guess I'm going to just pick and choose what would look best close up but still have a sence of screen accuracy from a distance.

Speaking of which, I've noticed that some of the builds have details (like the black wiring that runs along the sides and archs over the main barrel just after the rings, and a variety of shapes of the center site right where the shroud meets the reciever) that I don't see on the screen shots. I'm wondering where some of these come from? I had first guessed the video games since I was more of a book EU guy but in reality have no real clue. Does anyone have an idea for the source of some of these details?

That explains that! Thanks. I haven't spent a lot of time with the parts manual I found yet. Some I've seen looked like they had greeblies or something on it but I guess that to could just be different styles for different versions of the gun.

Ok I paused for a second to look at a high res screen shot of the gun (my wife has been writing a paper all week and I haven't had time to do much research on my computer, just my phone) and I totally see the wire I was talking about and the magazine lock now.

Thanks again. I just started the weathering on my E-11 so hopefully I'll get started on this in a few weeks once I get a solid plan down and some more research under my belt (I didn't go into my E-11 build with much of a plan and am paying for it but lesson learned).

I'll start a build thread here once she is underway.

Saludé.